Kirsten compared young Rohit Sharma to Laxman

Rohit Sharma - overhyped Hello guys, after a long time :) I have watched rohit closely and he is clearly overhyped. His first class record is mediocre to poor. He has hardly done anything with all the opportunities he has been given in ODIs. He isn't a particularly good fielder either. It's one thing to say he looks classy ( which I disagree with) but that doesn't mean he is going to cut it at intl level. He is hardly the next tendu/dravid that some jokers are making him out to be. At this stage, it is utter stupidity to keep picking him in ODIs or rushing him into tests. Send him back to ranjis where he should prove himself by scoring heavily.

Hello guys, after a long time :) I have watched rohit closely and he is clearly overhyped. His first class record is mediocre to poor. He has hardly done anything with all the opportunities he has been given in ODIs. He isn't a particularly good fielder either. It's one thing to say he looks classy ( which I disagree with) but that doesn't mean he is going to cut it at intl level. He is hardly the next tendu/dravid that some jokers are making him out to be. At this stage, it is utter stupidity to keep picking him in ODIs or rushing him into tests. Send him back to ranjis where he should prove himself by scoring heavily.
And know what? I doesn't take long to find this post desperate. He has done fairly well in with the chances he has got. And missing an odd catch doesn't change the fact that he is a good fielder. Of course, he isn't a next Tendi or Wall yet, he has potential in him for sure. he has just come back from a injury. He didn't play bad in the finals - it was an acceptable performance. Give him some time, we need not send him to Ranjis he will come back strong!

1 thing is very common in india. whenever any new youngsters come, they immediately start to draw comparisions with players like tendulkar, sehwag, dravid, laxman & ganguly. in case of bowling, they start to get compared with kumble, zaheer, srinath. this puts up a lot of pressure on the youngsters at the very start of their careers

Not Again........ Rohit and Laxman???????? Hell Rohit Is Better than laxman
First of all Rohit hasnt played one test match Second of all Laxman has been a good ODI player from the chances hes got Third of all Rohit is not even as elegant as VVS Fourth of all Rohit would never be forced to open the innings like Laxman did initially in his career Fifth of all Laxman is from South Zone, and started cricket much later than Rohit Rohit is basically a shorter inexperienced version of Laxman, If Rohit was as tall he would play just likeLaxman.
1 thing is very common in india. whenever any new youngsters come' date=' they immediately start to draw comparisions with players like tendulkar, sehwag, dravid, laxman & ganguly. in case of bowling, they start to get compared with kumble, zaheer, srinath. this puts up a lot of pressure on the youngsters at the very start of their careers[/quote'] Ya, Sehwag got compared with Tendu, and now he is his own man. Tendu got compared with Gavaskar and now he is a legend. It's just a rite of passage for youngsters to live in the shadows of legends until they become bright enough to wipe that shadow and make their own.
And know what? I doesn't take long to find this post desperate. He has done fairly well in with the chances he has got. And missing an odd catch doesn't change the fact that he is a good fielder. Of course' date=' he isn't a next Tendi or Wall yet, he has potential in him for sure. he has just come back from a injury. He didn't play bad in the finals - it was an acceptable performance. Give him some time, we need not send him to Ranjis he will come back strong![/quote'] Give me a break..You sound desperate. Rohit sharma doesn't have the temperament to succeed in ODIs let alone in tests. Taken a look at his ODI avg ? Besides dropping the cup yesterday, his fielding generally hasn't been upto the mark. He needed to anchor the innings and failed. If that is acceptable to you then u must have pretty low standards.
Give me a break..You sound desperate. Rohit sharma doesn't have the temperament to succeed in ODIs let alone in tests. Taken a look at his ODI avg ? Besides dropping the cup yesterday' date=' his fielding generally hasn't been upto the mark. He needed to anchor the innings and failed. If that is acceptable to you then u must have pretty low standards.[/quote'] Whatever you say... the claim that Rohit doesn't have the temperament to play ODIs is your opinion and I can't answer opinions. Regarding his average, do you know what Suresh Raina's avg is? he has got less avg than Rohit from more number of matches, why does he deserve a place? Rhoit had to play most of his matches downunder, where he did fairly when the likes of Yuvi failed again and again. After all he has just played 17 matches. Regarding his fielding, how many catches have you seen him drop? Even the best of the fielders drop fairly easy catches. In fact he was the replacement for yuvi when he couldn't field at point due to his injury. Regarding his performance in the series, I said it was acceptable since he was coming back from an injury. He needs time to get back to his usual. He never looked in any sort of touch in the first 2 games, and in the finals just when he was looking good he couldn't keep the ball down.