Kirsten compared young Rohit Sharma to Laxman

Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma hogged the limelight during the three-hour session. The Mumbai batsman impressed Kirsten, who likened him to V.V.S. Laxman, Rohit's captain in the Hyderabad IPL team. "Watching you in the IPL gave me the impression that you batted like Laxman," Kirsten told Rohit. The youngster replied that he had begun to realise that during the IPL, though it was not a conscious effort to imitate the more famous Hyderabadi. Bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad had a long chat with Ishant, pointing out minor adjustments. "There was nothing much we could do about the conditions," Paddy Upton, the physical and mental conditioning coach, said, referring to the weather-induced indoor nets. "We practiced very nicely with what was available." The indoor facility was cramped with three pitches, one of them for throw-ins/bowling machine. "What happened earlier was the players finished physical training and then went to somebody who did the mental side of them. But in cricket, both physical and mental aspects go side by side," said Upton about his diverse role. "It is a bit early to assess the fitness of the players. But they have shown commitment. That is important. Whatever time I had during the Test series (against South Africa) was enough to know what they want. But as I spend more time with them, I will be able to judge them better. We are all learning, such is life," said the South African. "I have to find out what is going to work for the players, what their needs are, what the team wants and then execute plans that best suit them." A close friend of Kirsten, the 39-year-old said the players were keen to play for India again after the IPL. "A cricketer's lifestyle is busy and he understands that he has to give his best. They are professionals and must be able to adapt from T20 to one-dayers to Tests. Top teams are those who adapt quickly."

IMO, Rohit doesnt play like Laxman. Laxman hardly ever goes for the aerial shots. Rohit, on the other hand, seems to have a lot of time when playing his shots and can clear the boundary with ease at times. Perhaps, Kirsten didnt watch the IPL :tounge_smile:

IMO, Rohit doesnt play like Laxman. Laxman hardly ever goes for the aerial shots. Rohit, on the other hand, seems to have a lot of time when playing his shots and can clear the boundary with ease at times. Perhaps, Kirsten didnt watch the IPL :tounge_smile:
Indeed Laxman and Rohit are alike, minus slogging, but when you look at their drives theyre styles are very much alike, maybe you guys just dont notice it because criticism always has to follow VVS and besides if even Rohit Sharma admits it, why does your opinion matter? lol.

for a second i paused to wonder... whooptido... Kirsten has something to say, but who is listening? and then i realized that he is our coach! i must say that the bit about staying away from the limelight and working behind the curtain for success has been achieved, now a tryst with success beckons.

Rohit is more Azharuddin than Laxman. There is an aggressive streak in him. Something which destroys boling attacks ruthlessly. Especially fast bowling. Coming to creating gaps and angles in the square leg to midwicket region, Laxman is way ahead of Azharuddin and the present day Rohit. Its my guess that Rohit will end up with more batsman's glory than those two.

Indeed Laxman and Rohit are alike' date=' minus [b']slogging, but when you look at their drives theyre styles are very much alike, maybe you guys just dont notice it because criticism always has to follow VVS and besides if even Rohit Sharma admits it, why does your opinion matter? lol.
Rohit..slogging? an aireal shot played with the precision and accuracy of a surgeon is slogging? thats what Rohit has been playing even in T20,when many where just going for slam-bang hitting.
i too thought he resembles laxmnan as far as elegance and the ease with which he times the ball
exactly no player is exactly alike but in terms of elegance Laxman and Sharma are similar, so people need to chill out a little bit. especially flamy Manpreet Gony's official gay lover.

rohit sharma is already starting to draw comparisions with laxman & tendulkar as of now. ppl r even saying about him being the "next laxman" & "next tendulkar" and he already has shades of both laxman & tendulkar in his batting

exactly no player is exactly alike but in terms of elegance Laxman and Sharma are similar' date=' so people need to chill out a little bit. [b']especially flamy Manpreet Gony's official gay lover.
:haha::haha::haha: :hysterical::hysterical: :yay::yay::yay: Thanks for making my day AFTER India beat Pak by 140 runs AND got banned from padosi for severely traumatizing their self-belief :eyedance:
RS' real test will be how he adjusts after bowlers start devising strategies for him, once they start figuring him out better. In that aspect (re-adapting) SRT is King (dont faint, that is indeed a praise!)
:omg::omg::omg: :whatchutalkingabout