BCCI VP Narvekar in fake ticket scam

I am just watching CNN IBN and there is news of the BCCI VP and an active member of Goa cricket association Narvekar being accused of printing and possibly selling fake tickets for the India-Australia series last time the Aussies visited India. He was caught at that time and around 200 fake tickets were found. I am not sure what is the fresh development as I caught the end of the story. Will update.

found this article Narvekar framed in 'fake ticket scam' A lower court in Goa has framed criminal charges against BCCI Vice President and State's Law Minister Dayanand Narvekar in connection with the 'fake ticket scam' reported during a 2001 India-Australia One Day International (ODI) match. Narvekar, along with eight others, was charged on Thursday under various sections dealing with cheating, criminal conspiracy, forgery, for the purpose of cheating, and causing disappearance of evidence. The Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), Margao (south Goa) Pooja Kavlekar framed the charges in the infamous case which had rocked the state during an India-Australia ODI played on April 06, 2001 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Fatorda in Panaji. The match had witnessed chaos outside the stadium when fake tickets were reported and eligible ticket carriers were not allowed to watch the game. Following ruckus at the gates, the police had resorted to lathi-charge to disperse the crowd. Narvekar has been charged in the capacity of Goa Cricket Association (GCA) President, who was heading the organisation of event. The case will come up for hearing in the first week of July. Charges are also framed against GCA's former Secretary Vinod alias Balu Phadke, Treasurer Ramashankar Das, ticket contractor Chinmay Falari and five others. source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/