Wisdom tooth surgery/ extraction?

fineleg

I did the surgery in India as it is so expensive here in US .Haaa it was so painful and oh dear my one whole week got spoiled with mouth full of swelling .Couldn't talk ' date='couldn't eat .Those days were hell.[/quote'] :omg: I've heard some dentists (not all, but some) in India can really screw up the wisdom teeth surgery. I have to tell myself to be brave :eyedance:

:omg: I've heard some dentists (not all, but some) in India can really screw up the wisdom teeth surgery. I have to tell myself to be brave :eyedance:
Your post reminds me ! couple of years ago when I was visiting India I decided to get my teeth examined. I went to this world famous dentist and he had 3 assistants working in the same room. First one was writing history , 2nd was asking "whats wrong" he would then consult the 3rd one and type it up .. then DR BIG DEAL puts his hands in my mouth and told me that one of my front teeth has a fracture (cricket ball had hit me like 10 yeaaaars ago). He wanted to get most part of the teeth out and then put up a cap. He prescribed a treatment that would take 7 sittings over a period next 15 days. When I told him that Im leaving for Aus in 3 days time, the MORON actually got angry and started scolding me. He seriously lost it then and was telling me " pata nahi lugta aaj kal ke loog a jatay hain ... this not mature ... kitnay irresponsible ho tum bla bla". After hearing that I wanted to get out and said "dr if u cant help me then thats ok .. see ya" anyway he then prescribed me another shortcut to get it done in 4 sittings over a period of next 3 days and total kharcha of around Rs 35k. The next day I went to a dentist working in the next Guli ... she took an X ray .. did some filling , cleaned up my teeth and charged Rs 1800 ... Moral of the story "dont fall for famous dentists in India"

:omg: I've heard some dentists (not all, but some) in India can really screw up the wisdom teeth surgery. I have to tell myself to be brave :eyedance:
I'd rather prefer to get these things done in India, infact all medical in India

I'd rather prefer to get these things done in India' date=' infact all medical in India[/quote'] I got gastoscopy done in Melbourne yesterday , everything was fine ... the nurse just called few mins ago to find out how am I doing today :omg: but the catch ... in Aus not everybody is on pvt insurance so if u do then u r treated like a guest in a 5 star hotel .. else u wait and wait and wait .. luckily I had health insurance so I got the procedure done by the best doctor in a good pvt hospital otherwise there is a 6 month wait for the same procedure in a govt hospital

If it is not hurting ...to problem kya hain? It will require the same surgery if it causes problem later on...get it done then na..... I got one removed because there was no more place in my jaw and it had started hurting a bit.The surgery was really bad .The dentist was pulling like a man possessed.By the time he got it out ...my mom who was holding my hand had almost fainted.Later he told me ...get the other one out next week and this time get your father, not your mom...I never went back to him.....