India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus Agarkar and Kumble are already doing Sehwags role here... So we dont need him. Get Karthik or say Crapthan. I like IKPs batting tho. He will be very helpful with the bat... Get IKP.. :wtg: Here is my team Gangs Uthhu Tendya Dravid Yuvi Dhoni IKP Agga Bhajji Zak cHALTE rAHO mUNNA No other team has so many players who can score at 75+. Gangs, Uthhu, Tendy, Yuvi, Don, IKp.... all can score 75-80 easy. Makes it very strong. I say 40% chance of india winning it.

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus I think so too, Pathan should be picked over Sehwag. Pathan can score runs even if he bowls badly. That is not an option with Sehwag with Harbhajan, Kumble and even Yuvraj bowling well here. Bowling seems to be just perfect and if anything it is the batting of Sehwag that is the biggest hole in the team for now.

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus depends on the pitch too.. i mean.. a couple of the pitches here are helpful to the spinners later on , after a lot of games being played, around the semifinal stage.. they will be almost like spinners paradises... that time we can play kumble, bhajji, pathan, and zaheer/munaf total 4 bowlers, 1 of them pathan as 2nd pacer and then u got sehwag sachin yuvraj kumble and bhajji all to bowl spin....

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus Can someone tell me what exactly was wrong with this pitch? It had nice bounce and it wasn't as uneven as it was vs Holland. So how come the WI batters found it so difficult to score? Even Uthappa couldn't afford to hit boundaries. Why were batsmen not able to play straigth here? It seems as if the pitch lacked pace and bowlers made it difficult by bowling slow. Will medium pacers or military mediums with good bounce and control over line and length be a force in thus WC, eg, Styris, Oram, Pathan, Collingwood and so on? Trinidad pitch was nightmarish, or thats what I read. India will have to be very careful against Bangladesh on 17th there.

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus

Can someone tell me what exactly was wrong with this pitch? It had nice bounce and it wasn't as uneven as it was vs Holland. So how come the WI batters found it so difficult to score? Even Uthappa couldn't afford to hit boundaries. Why were batsmen not able to play straigth here? It seems as if the pitch lacked pace and bowlers made it difficult by bowling slow. Will medium pacers or military mediums with good bounce and control over line and length be a force in thus WC, eg, Styris, Oram, Pathan, Collingwood and so on? Trinidad pitch was nightmarish, or thats what I read. India will have to be very careful against Bangladesh on 17th there.
Nothing was wrong with the pitch. Windies batsmen just played poorly and we bowled well, Munaf especially. Powell also bowled well and beat Karthik several times with bounce, pace and movement. Uthappa just played cautiously cause the target was very small.

Re: India v/s Windies, Eng vs Aus

Can someone tell me what exactly was wrong with this pitch? It had nice bounce and it wasn't as uneven as it was vs Holland. So how come the WI batters found it so difficult to score? Even Uthappa couldn't afford to hit boundaries. Why were batsmen not able to play straigth here? It seems as if the pitch lacked pace and bowlers made it difficult by bowling slow. Will medium pacers or military mediums with good bounce and control over line and length be a force in thus WC, eg, Styris, Oram, Pathan, Collingwood and so on? Trinidad pitch was nightmarish, or thats what I read. India will have to be very careful against Bangladesh on 17th there.
You should know about West Indies Chandan, they are very impatient. Everyone wants to blaze away and they show no discpline when few wickets fall. Their shot selection is the same all the time not withstanding the situation. Sometimes that work and sometimes it doesn't. Put it this way, when West Indies bats there is always of fear of them posting a double digit score every once in a while. In the same breath if the bowling wasn't spot on they would have scored over 300 runs. This is the way West Indies plays their cricket.