Cricket Rules Questions

If a batsmen advances down the track, and the ball goes over the shoulder, will this be called one bouncer for the over? In gully cricket, this one bouncer translates into a no ball. I think if the stays between the shoulder and the head, then its considered one bouncer for the over in ODIs. And if it goes over the head, it is declared a wide. And the second occurrence of the ball going over the should is given a no ball. So the question again is what happens when the batsman charges down the track and receives a bouncer? I want to impress my fellow park cricketers:D

A ball is called a bouncer only if the batsman is in his normal stance. As with other rules there is no clear cut instructions for this one but is usually left to the discretion of the sq leg umpire. If common sense prevails it will be called a no ball given the height of the ball will have transpired into head height if the batsman was inside the crease. These calls mostly involve common sense and that is something the ICC panel of umpires usually are short of :winky:

Here's another interesting scenario. A height no-ball and the batsmen hits the stumps, thereby dislodging the bails in the attempt to duck under the ball. Will the batsmen be given hit-wicket on a height (over the shoulder) no ball?
run out is only way a batsman can be given out on a no ball:two_thumbs_up:
am thinking a bat length? so for a righty... lay a bat down from off stump.. and anything which misses leg stump is wide too
One bat away from off stump? I can hammer that for a four and so can any other batsman. Thats just the right space to free your hands and have a go. Thats bread and butter for Sehwag. I guess it would be at least one and a half bat away. Normally if the umpire feels that the ball was too far away for the batsman to play comfortably, its a wide.

ok, dont think there is an exact length A ball is deemed "wide" if it is bowled too high to be reached by the batsman or wide of the wicket base or wicket stops; it may still be hit and runs scored but if this is done the delivery is no longer a "wide", but if runs are run from a "wide" delivery these should be classed as "Extras".

ok one more. What happens if you bowl a full toss ball that pitches first on the stumps? It's trajectory takes it from the bowlers arm OVER the head of the batsman and onto the stumps. :cantstop: I got a lot of wickets like this. :D

ok, dont think there is an exact length A ball is deemed "wide" if it is bowled too high to be reached by the batsman or wide of the wicket base or wicket stops; it may still be hit and runs scored but if this is done the delivery is no longer a "wide", but if runs are run from a "wide" delivery these should be classed as "Extras".
In ODIs, the umpires have wide indicators to help them out, so there must be some defined length used for those markers I suppose.