No english please we are pakistanis

Bunch of losers --------------------------------------- PORT OF SPAIN, March 9: Pakistan's cricketers will address media conferences during the World Cup in their national language Urdu, and not in English, coach Bob Woolmer said on Friday. "The Pakistani players feel comfortable in their national language," the coach said. "They can express themselves freely in Urdu and they are proud of their language and their country. Our media manager Pervez Mir will act as interpreter during the press conferences." Mir, a former international player who represented Pakistan in the inaugural World Cup in England in 1975, said players had the right to choose their language. "It happens everywhere in the world. Football players speak in French, Latin and various other languages as they feel comfortable talking to the media in their mother tongue," said Mir. Pakistan Cricket Board conducted an English course for their players two years ago, but had to abandon it as hectic schedules did not allow them to learn the language. "We don't see it as a problem for international media as what the players say would exactly be translated into English," said Mir. Pakistan are in Group D with the West Indies, Ireland and Zimbabwe. They take on the hosts in the tournament's opening match at Jamaica on March 13. The top two teams will qualify for the next Super Eight stage.

Re: No english please we are pakistanis

Why are they making this stand when many of them can speak english. Fundamental, backward behaviour once again
Most of them speak lousy English, if at all. Other than laughing at the way they speak English, there is no other point in having them speak it.

I dont mind them speadking...but what they are saying is we are proud of our language and hence we dont know English...
Exactly. Pathetic behaviour. What about they are visiting another country who speak english so make the effort for gods sake. All this we are proud of our language bollo#ks. We are all proud of our languages, no need to ramm it down peoples throats.

They are merely behaving like their countrymen in countries like UK. Classic islamic behaviour of not learning other languages and not integrating with other communities. Seperatist stance.
Another one of those attention seeking posts.
Yeah whatever, still waiting for you to answer my questions on islam after you proclaimed no one understood islam.

Re: No english please we are pakistanis I think that is a good move. From now on we can understand what the likes of Inzi, Younis, Yousuf, pretty much every one in the Pakistan team is saying. Nothing wrong in sticking to your language. All you need to do is get an interpreter at every game to ensure their words reaches the ones that don't understand their language. If theirs is not an English speaking country then there is no need to speak English particularly the sportsmen.

They are merely behaving like their countrymen in countries like UK. Classic islamic behaviour of not learning other languages and not integrating with other communities. Seperatist stance.
Yeah whatever, still waiting for you to answer my questions on islam after you proclaimed no one understood islam.
Going by your previous post you just proved my point that people like you don't understand Islam.

Going by your previous post you just proved my point that people like you don't understand Islam.
There you go again. Proclaiming that we dont understand islam, then when asked questions on islam, then refusing to answer them cos you dont like the questions!

Re: No english please we are pakistanis Yup.. Very typical behaviour this is. If they can't speak English, they should choose their native. What has to do with that they are prooud of their language. Even I am proud of my pajamas and the Nadas. does the world give any damn about my pajamas?? they make a mockery of themselves sometimes. :duh:

Yup.. Very typical behaviour this is. If they can't speak English' date=' they should choose their native. What has to do with that they are prooud of their language. [b']Even I am proud of my pajamas and the Nadas. does the world give any damn about my pajamas?? they make a mockery of themselves sometimes. :duh:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

There you go again. Proclaiming that we dont understand islam, then when asked questions on islam, then refusing to answer them cos you dont like the questions!
So you want me to spoon feed you by letting you know that Muslims are allowed learn other languages?? :shrug:

PORT OF SPAIN, March 9: Pakistan's cricketers will address media conferences during the World Cup in their national language Urdu, and not in English, coach Bob Woolmer said on Friday. "The Pakistani players feel comfortable in their national language," the coach said.
This is bogus bullshit! I am all for the use of Urdu(I love Urdu by the way) but what the Pakistani players do not realize is that they are representing their country on International Arena. When I watch Imran or Wasim today expressing their opinions I am certainly impressed by the way they express themselves(even though I may not agree). Personally I prefer the Akram method of Hindi-Urdu-English but Imran(or Sunny's) English is fine too. I will never understand how someone like Inzzy(and others) can spend years with Tableeghi Zamaat and not spend 6 months trying to improve their English. As an ambassador of their country the latter would serve them hugely. xxx