Gibbs taken to court by his wife

:omg: Gibbs taken to court Media24 June 23 2008 at 06:37AM The wife of Proteas cricketer Herschelle Gibbs says he has started abusing alcohol and drugs and that he has become "verbally abusive", "aggressive" and "erratic". She also says that Gibbs treats her like a prostitute and not like a wife. She also claims he has been sending her "degrading" text messages. On 2 occasions she found her husband in bed with a prostitute. She says "Gibbs slapped and kicked his mother when she asked him to treat me with respect and dignity" Tenielle said that she fell in love with Gibbs because she loved cricket and enjoyed the way Hershelle played the game. She also says that he husbands recent lack of form has everything to do with his lifestyle since he scored 6 sixes in one over in the last cricket world cup. The recent conflict between the two has prompted Tenielle Gibbs to lodge a Cape High Court application against him for monthly maintenance of R96 950 from July. The application was supposed to be heard on Thursday but was postponed after Gibbs indicated he would oppose the application. He is to file his answering papers next month, but has agreed to pay the money for June and July to cover home rental, electricity, insurance, domestic help, gardening, pool maintenance, security, a vehicle and medical aid. He is in Britain but will return at the end of July. The couple were married in the West Indies in June last year and do not have any children. In an affidavit, Tenielle said she intends to divorce Gibbs, who "habitually embarrasses me at social gatherings, often while under the influence of alcohol". She said she and Gibbs had enjoyed a lavish lifestyle, to which she had become accustomed. "I have a clear right to maintain the status quo which prevailed immediately prior to (Gibbs) commencing with his unacceptable behaviour and demanding that the marriage ends without further efforts at rescuing the relationship." She added that the cricketer had always paid their expenses and that he should continue to do so. She said she estimated that his total earnings would amount to at least R7.3-million this year, excluding endorsements with Gunn&Moore, Oakley and Puma. Gibbs is also facing charges of drunken driving, abusing a traffic officer, resisting arrest from a black policeman and racially abusing a policeman. Gibbs may also be charged for assaulting a 10 year old street child. Judge Wilfred Thring postponed the matter to August.

Guest dada_rocks
abuse leads to divorce:hatsoff:
I know that's what happens in pakistan but in liberal democracies people get divorce for plethora of reasons, abuse doesn't have to be the recurring theme
Guest dada_rocks

I would have preferred a one to one crash course debate never like to ban the suckers and let them feel as if we are weak in resolve and can;t face their crap.. but since that's not on; on this page the next best thing is to ban them.. while I am at it how about some forum where two people if inetersted cud have one to one in a thread which is invisible to th rest or cud be made visisble to those who are interested in it.. I am sorry that tool would come handy in straightening the really screwed up ones .. I guess it will be a lot of work fort technical team..