Umar Gul ruled out of Asia Cup

Pakistan pace bowler Umar Gul has been ruled out of the remainder of the Asia Cup one-day tournament because of a rib cage muscle injury, chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed said on Friday. "Gul has been advised to rest for 10 days to two weeks so he won't be playing the remaining part of the tournament," Ahmed told Reuters. Gul limped off the field after bowling just eight balls in Thursday's loss to India. Ahmed said Abdul Rauf, who has played one match this year, had been recommended to the Pakistan board as a replacement. "Gul complained of pain in his rib muscles and scans showed there is a problem for which he needs a rest," he added. Gul told reporters he was in pain. "It is hurting and is very uncomfortable at the moment. I hope it is not serious," he said. --------------------------------------------------------------- All-rounder Irfan Pathan is doubtful for India's match against Bangladesh on Saturday in the opening game of the super four round because of a side strain. ------------------------------------------------------------------ Source -----------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Hiten.
This is a shame' date=' he is a very good bowler and has made an art out of death bowling with his quick, superb yorkers.[/quote'] Debut 2003 Number of ODI's played: 43 I agree he is a good bowler, but there should be no sympathy over his injury. He has not kept himself match fit and he deserves to learn it the harder way. He is only 24, so hopefully he takes his bowling and fitness (most importantly) seriously.

Big loss but this is a golden chance for Wahab

Debut 2003 Number of ODI's played: 43 I agree he is a good bowler, but there should be no sympathy over his injury. He has not kept himself match fit and he deserves to learn it the harder way. He is only 24, so hopefully he takes his bowling and fitness (most importantly) seriously.
He is in good shape for a fast bowler, there is not much more that he can do.
Guest Hiten.
He is in good shape for a fast bowler' date=' there is not much more that he can do.[/quote'] How would you explain his number of missed games ? or was he out of contention ? If I am not wrong, he was out of contention because he was injury prone, no ?