BCCI says a big F You to the MRF pace academy for all their great work!

I got that from the article, btw: But now, the foundation finds itself at the crossroads. 2008 has brought about a few changes. Aussie legend Denis Lillee trains the bunch of fringe players, but TA Sekar, the chief coach and the face of the foundation in India since inception, isn’t by his side. Earlier this year, Sekar parted ways with MRF as GMR signed him to coach the Delhi Daredevils IPL side.

@Fontaine For the past 20 years (?) MRF pace foundation was training youngsters and preparing them for the international stage. But heck we never had a decent Fast bowler... Someone whom we are sure that he will hit the 90mph consistenly. Atleast wickets wise only Zaheer and Srinath were good... leaving Kapil alone since he did not train there. Only after venky became our bowling coach there is some difference to be seen. Lets first see what the NCA can do with the newer talent. Why judge them even before giving them a chance.

@Fontaine For the past 20 years (?) MRF pace foundation was training youngsters and preparing them for the international stage. But heck we never had a decent Fast bowler... Someone whom we are sure that he will hit the 90mph consistenly. Atleast wickets wise only Zaheer and Srinath were good... leaving Kapil alone since he did not train there.
Good point. I can't comment on why we never had a decent fast bowler but that's hardly the fault of the MRF. The point is now we are seeing a bunch of talented pacemen who've been recruited or trained in the MRF. Why disrupt that?
Only after venky became our bowling coach there is some difference to be seen. Lets first see what the NCA can do with the newer talent. Why judge them even before giving them a chance.
Because there is no NCA for bowlers. They don't have a pace wing/setup or coaches yet, but in the meantime our bowlers have been told to stay away from the MRF, what's the logic in that? I'm not judging the NCA but criticizing the BCCI for being so narrow-minded and pedantic. I think it comes down to the fact that the BCCI is keeping the best fast bowling coach in Lillee, who has built up a detailed and vastly experienced intimate knowledge of our current bowlers, out of the current side. Why?
Good point. I can't comment on why we never had a decent fast bowler but that's hardly the fault of the MRF. The point is now we are seeing a bunch of talented pacemen who've been recruited or trained in the MRF. Why disrupt that? Because there is no NCA for bowlers. They don't have a pace wing/setup or coaches yet, but in the meantime our bowlers have been told to stay away from the MRF, what's the logic in that? I'm not judging the NCA but criticizing the BCCI for being so narrow-minded and pedantic. I think it comes down to the fact that the BCCI is keeping the best fast bowling coach in Lillee, who has built up a detailed and vastly experienced intimate knowledge of our current bowlers, out of the current side. Why?
One thing is for sure fontaine... if the players really want Lillie then they will rebel. I am sure Pathan and RP have some voice in the team. Even dhoni wont keep quiet. Even BCCI wants only the best for our team... coz they can market our team better if we are champs right?
One thing is for sure fontaine... if the players really want Lillie then they will rebel. I am sure Pathan and RP have some voice in the team. Even dhoni wont keep quiet. Even BCCI wants only the best for our team... coz they can market our team better if we are champs right?
I appreciate your optimism, but the BCCI would rather ban players than listen to dissenting voices. See Kapil Dev for example. Or the latest statement made by Dhoni where he clearly stated that playing back to back ODIs is unfair and poor planning. Yet, what do the BCCI do? They issue a counter statement pretty much saying that if any player is uncomfortable/injured/tired then they can opt out of a series or tournament. How's that for BCCI support? Besides why should the BCCI give a damn about Indian ODI players when they have an international talent pool available for the IPL which can be such a high profit venture?

IPL will never be a hit..if only foreigners played the game... IPL was a hit because public got to see local indian talent competing and playing with the best in the business.. and i think BCCI is doing a good job to uniform the system... BCCI is not asking MRF to close shop...MRF will still help young kids..to hone their skills...its just that..when these players come under BCCI contract...they will get to use only BCCI certified training and coaching centers.. BCCI can have the best infrastructure and coaching facilities...added with video centers and others things at one place.. so i support BCCI in this endeavor...

I appreciate your optimism, but the BCCI would rather ban players than listen to dissenting voices. See Kapil Dev for example. Or the latest statement made by Dhoni where he clearly stated that playing back to back ODIs is unfair and poor planning. Yet, what do the BCCI do? They issue a counter statement pretty much saying that if any player is uncomfortable/injured/tired then they can opt out of a series or tournament. How's that for BCCI support? Besides why should the BCCI give a damn about Indian ODI players when they have an international talent pool available for the IPL which can be such a high profit venture?
Coming to banning Kapil out of the NCA - it was because he wasn't needed anymore. BCCI just cold-shouldered him. It was a very cruel thing to do. BCCI does listen to players, you shouldn't forget that Dravid and Sachin played a big hand in inviting Kirsten to be India's coach. Regarding the reply BCCI gave Dhoni that if anyone wants rest he can ask for it, I think only players like Sachin who know their place in the team is secured no matter what can ask such requests. I bet even Yuvraj cannot do that. If at all a player like Irfan Pathan asks rest to recover from the hectic travel before a money-spinning aussie home series, BCCI will grant him leave. But soon Pathan will find out that he gets an extended leave. Slowly our Indian media will overhype the whole stuff and print in the papers that "Pathan is dropped". Thus BCCI will take revenge on Pathan by wrecking his career. How dare he asks for leave? BCCI people behave like kids... Sadistic kids...