Indian Bowling Treasure Chest

During the Aus series, when injuries picked off our strike bowlers one-by-one, it was surreal to find an instant replacement for the next match from our bench. We were all over the moon at our bench strength. :yay: And I do not think we were wrong at all. Certainly, the conditions favoured our new crop, but they had the skills to utilize them. What gets me wondering is, our bowlers start their cricketing careers on these flat tracks. How come they find it so difficult to just bowl a tight L&L? So then, who are our truly important bowlers in ODIs in subcontinent? 1. Zaheer 2. Harbhajan 3. RPS I can't think of anyone else. The problem we are facing is while we may have a great reserve of pacers, our spin resources are dwindling. I do not see any great prospect in spin. :((

Its not just abt IPL....The truth of the matter is that we don't have quality bowlers who can produce the best results in dead and docile pitches.
We dont have a lot of quality bowlers, we have a few, and we have a few more that are "promising". This latter category "promising" will seriously not develop into full blown talent if IPL throws around like what was the amount (900k?) for the likes of Ishant Shama.
We dont have a lot of quality bowlers' date=' we have a few, and we have a few more that are "promising". This latter category "promising" will seriously not develop into full blown talent if IPL throws around like what was the amount (900k?) for the likes of Ishant Shama.[/quote'] so u mean to say that wen a player sees money that he wud stop performing..then according to ur statement all the footballers in Europe shd not even bother to turn up for matches from the kind of money that they are earning..arent they still performing..look finey money is jus a recognition of the talent that guy has..if he performs well he gets the money if not he wont..everyone knows that..and im pretty sure playing for the country is a gud enuf motivation for the young players and there is nothing better than success in this world..u know it i know it so Ishant will know it too..a committed cricketer wud do wat it takes to succeed at the international level and if he gets money then its jus a reward for his hardwork and the effort he has put in..so pls stop this stupid discussion..u have been saying the same thing since IPL..Ishant still bowls the same way as he did in Australia..do u see him coming in and trundling along and bowling at 120ks and bowling wides and no balls..these pitches are not the platform to judge anything..pls understand that first..

The fact of the matter is that on flat pitches you need to bowl variations (good yorkers, slowers balls), change up angles (around/over the wicket) etc. Our young bowlers simply aren't good enough nor experienced enough to come up with these deliveries consistantly. Are we missing Zaheer, Sreesanth and Bhajji? Ofcourse but on these flat pitches 300 + scores are achievable so I can't place too much blame on these guys. Chalk it down to a learning experience and move on.

What abt this guy Avishkar Salvi? I was impressed with him when India toured Bangladesh in 2003, but then an injury forced him out of the Aus tour of 2004.His action is quite similar to McGrath; I guess he is our answer to bowling on flat subcontinental pitches