Ajanta Mendis : So, let me ask

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

He has no chance against murali/mendia may be he might hti jaya for few sweep shots here and there... Our salvation lies in the hands of Gambhir, Sehwag, Rohit ( well he is crap anyway ), Dhoni Raina and Yuvi are toast..:pray:

Guest dada_rocks

Raina was tied in knots last time facing Murali. I am just praying he has improved since then.. Yuvraj singh otoh is no spring chicken there is so much you can learn.. if his sweep works and those bowlers err in length then he might score few..

Raina has played against Murali in the IPL..both for CSK..so he must have faced Murali in the nets..so it shdn be really that tuf for Raina to pick him..Mendis is gonna be a new challenge for all our batsmen..but then i feel he wudn threaten us so much..Yuvi needs to settle down to face the spinners with confidence..once he is in his 20s or 30s he can really play them well..so shd be a gud challenge..and i predict the Indian batsmen to come on the top :two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks

MM's point of sehwag/gambhir assaut denting these bowlers confidence before they bump into yuvi/rain wud be the key.. For that to happen let su hope these two survive the new ball attack the way they have so far in the tournament

YS is no good against Murali. Thats for sure. Raina is better than YS against spinners. But then I think our batting line up is quite well equipped to handle the heat. Dont forget that we have dominated Lanka lately. They are better than Pak, but still not that good.

Raina has played against Murali in the IPL..both for CSK..so he must have faced Murali in the nets..so it shdn be really that tuf for Raina to pick him..Mendis is gonna be a new challenge for all our batsmen..but then i feel he wudn threaten us so much..Yuvi needs to settle down to face the spinners with confidence..once he is in his 20s or 30s he can really play them well..so shd be a gud challenge..and i predict the Indian batsmen to come on the top :two_thumbs_up:
Thats the key, really. Good point. If Yuvi is settled, it really doesnt matter who bowls what at him. Ajantha Mendis could bowl a zooter from the fingers of his leg, but it will still find its place amongst the top of the light towers of the stadium.

And unavailibility of SRT, experience of Dravid/Ganguly starts biting us right here....These are the times which really seperate our current 1 series wonders and evergreen legends. Call me geriatic or whatever, without those three India will have to learn to live under fear of spinners -- perhaps it's first time in Indian Cricket history.

Thats the key' date=' really. Good point. If Yuvi is settled, it really doesnt matter who bowls what at him. Ajantha Mendis could bowl a zooter from the fingers of his leg, but it will still find its place amongst the top of the light towers of the stadium.[/quote'] if yuvi doesnt watch the ball of the pitch he will find his place bak to the dressing room...... :hysterical:
Guest dada_rocks
The question is' date=' will get get down to Yuvi in the first place? For the last some matches, Yuvi and Dhoni have been just finishers.[/quote'] that's whata I am hoping too .. Let us hope these spinners bump into gamnbhir/sehwag/rohit/dhoni before getting to the soft underbelly of indian batting against genuine spinner.
Guest dada_rocks
And unavailibility of SRT' date= experience of Dravid/Ganguly starts biting us right here....These are the times which really seperate our current 1 series wonders and evergreen legends. Call me geriatic or whatever, without those three India will have to learn to live under fear of spinners -- perhaps it's first time in Indian Cricket history.
Aptly put, there used to eb time when opposition batsmen used to shield their spiners , table has turned now.. Dravid/gangu/sachin/sehwag/laxman cud not care less which spinner was operating
Guest dada_rocks
if yuvi doesnt watch the ball of the pitch he will find his place bak to the dressing room...... :hysterical:
That's essentially how yuvi plays spinners, noone expects him to pick the spinners from their hands..