Ajanta Mendis : So, let me ask

Guest dada_rocks

Hope y'all are right. And' date=' for some reason, I completely missed the fact that Vaas didn't play either. Now that you have allayed one fear, I found another one :-D[/quote'] Vaas has most probably been rested since this was not a significant match from a Srilankan point of view. And I am quite sure that he has spent the time watching Viru and GG's vids closely. Mahela will give him the responsibility of breaking India's opening and the responsibility of containing Dhoni, Raina and Yuvi will go to Murali and Mendis. They have a good bowling line up. We have to be careful dealing with them.

after all these years... do we still not have a default strategy against the likes of vaas and murlitharan? i can understand that murli is a geniune genius and he might be more than a handful, thus the warrants respect from the batsmen... however, what is the deal with vaas? why are we so circumspect against this fella?

after all these years... do we still not have a default strategy against the likes of vaas and murlitharan? i can understand that murli is a geniune genius and he might be more than a handful' date=' thus the warrants respect from the batsmen... however, what is the deal with vaas? why are we so circumspect against this fella?[/quote'] I am sure that the likes of SRT, Dravid and dada know exactly how to play Murali. They have a defaulyt strategy. But now our team is full of new guys who have not played Murali enough to have a default strategy. Thats where a coach comes in. I dont know how much Kirsten has played Murali and how much he knows about him. If SRT was here, he could have given some invaluable tips to our young batters about Murali. Vaas has vast experience. But he looked very ineffective against Pakistan. Still one has to be careful against him.

Yuvraj Singh will obviously struggle against even no-name spinners - certainly he will mop around if Muralitharan is in his elements in the Finals. We are dependent on our openers and if our bowlers can lift their perf. Else, SL are experts in these types of pitches, and will cause problems to our batsmen.

Yuvraj Singh will obviously struggle against even no-name spinners - certainly he will mop around if Muralitharan is in his elements in the Finals. We are dependent on our openers and if our bowlers can lift their perf. Else, SL are experts in these types of pitches, and will cause problems to our batsmen.
yes it is surprising how our fast bowlers fail to adapt on these flat tracks when we see these kind of tracks a lot.

Yuvraj against any spinner :hysterical: Sehwag :banghead: He was well set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.8 RRR and he goes for a slog! If only Sehwag would take a bit of time against Mendis, he would have eventually conquered Mendis and scored a 100!!! Rush of blood :banghead: