Yet another day....

Guest Hiten.

Nice captaincy by Jayawardene. He is bowling all his mediocre seamers now while the pressure is on, and holding onto Murali for the slog overs. So even if India gets to the final 10 unscathed, they will still be screwed by the spinners. India just can't win in these circumstances.

fineleg read my lips: STFU?
Nice captaincy by Jayawardene. He is bowling all his mediocre seamers now while the pressure is on' date=' and holding onto Murali for the slog overs. So even if India gets to the final 10 unscathed, they will still be screwed by the spinners. India just can't win in these circumstances.[/quote'] pjilka, :hysterical: Read the other posts including the above, to get a dose of reality. You are dreaming on wildly :hysterical: Its over, gone! Just think realistically.
Nice captaincy by Jayawardene. He is bowling all his mediocre seamers now while the pressure is on' date=' and holding onto Murali for the slog overs. So even if India gets to the final 10 unscathed, they will still be screwed by the spinners. India just can't win in these circumstances.[/quote'] i'm confused...admit that india is playing mandis for the first time so there is going to be element of this surprise...but generally speakings indians play spinners better than anyone....so why this sudden panick against the spin? mandis isn't even truning the ball big time......anyway, the Lankans trick of saving him for the final occassion paid big time.......
i'm confused...admit that india is playing mandis for the first time so there is going to be element of this surprise...but generally speakings indians play spinners better than anyone....so why this sudden panick against the spin? mandis isn't even truning the ball big time......anyway' date=' the Lankans trick of saving him for the final occassion paid big time.......[/quote'] Not the current lot - in the present ODI team only Gambhir, Sehwag, and to some extent Dhoni play spin really well ie. read it from the hand and not from the pitch.
i'm confused...admit that india is playing mandis for the first time so there is going to be element of this surprise...but generally speakings indians play spinners better than anyone....so why this sudden panick against the spin? mandis isn't even truning the ball big time......anyway' date=' the Lankans trick of saving him for the final occassion paid big time.......[/quote'] dude he aint a spinner..he is a freak and it needs time to figure out bowlers like him..the young players din know wat to do and they thot attack is the best format and lost their wickets..even the aussies wud struggle against him initially..jus give these guys time against Mendis and u can see his true pedigree..he wud be a gud ODI bowler because of his variations but thats about it..in test matches he will not be that effective

We need Dravid, Ganguly and Tendulkar and VVS back for Tests, and if this is going to be the "ODI" strength - Mendis and Murlitharan - then may be we need those 3 for ODIS too. The younger lot (save for GG and Viru) struggle against spin. The above 3 can tackle pace and spin, except their S/R will be slower. How is Badrinath? agains spin?

Sorry' date=' Dhoni sucks at playing spin - he definitely doesn't read it out of the hand. He won't get anything off Mendis today.[/quote'] That's why I wrote to some extent because at times he seems to have a lot of time playing his strokes and at times gets himself in awkward positions.
dude he aint a spinner..he is a freak and it needs time to figure out bowlers like him..the young players din know wat to do and they thot attack is the best format and lost their wickets..even the aussies wud struggle against him initially..jus give these guys time against Mendis and u can see his true pedigree..he wud be a gud ODI bowler because of his variations but thats about it..in test matches he will not be that effective
excellent post mate .. I think he is a freak as well and i think with Murali around, he will learn a lot and that too very quickly ..
i'm confused...admit that india is playing mandis for the first time so there is going to be element of this surprise...but generally speakings indians play spinners better than anyone....so why this sudden panick against the spin? mandis isn't even truning the ball big time......anyway' date=' the Lankans trick of saving him for the final occassion paid big time.......[/quote'] yeh thats annoying me, we have batsmen who are good players of spin and they panic like crazy
Guest dada_rocks

sehwag : complacent Gambhir: well off day Yuvraj: bonafide idiot when it comes to spin Raina: cocky poor shot selection Rohit: clueless mendis was too good for him