Disease and Faith

goose

I've heard stories of how people had diseases such as cancer and after reciting the verses and visiting holy places, their cancers have gone away :dontknow: Faith can do wonders to the mind almost a sixth sense. It can bring peace to the mind.

i think when you're seriously ill, you get a very deep sense that you're life does not in fact belong to you, it belongs to someone or something else. someone brought you 'here'. that someone will decide when you leave. this state of acceptance can't be reached easily. it goes beyond the science of birth and death. this personal connection/realisation, i believe, can heal one's disease.

Guest Gunner
Can the latter be used to contain / reverse the former? Of course being positive and stress free has health benefits all by itself. I'm not alluding to the mild health benefits of being positive. I'm talking miracles, reversal, wipe out, avoidance of medical diagnosis by seeking spiritual intervention. do you believe? if so who are the leading healers of our time right now you would recommend and why?
Read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, an experiment specifically testing this correlation between faith, prayer and recovery was conducted in the US and proved to be false. I do agree however spirituality when human endurance is tested gives solace to the soul.