Disease and Faith

goose

Can the latter be used to contain / reverse the former? Of course being positive and stress free has health benefits all by itself. I'm not alluding to the mild health benefits of being positive. I'm talking miracles, reversal, wipe out, avoidance of medical diagnosis by seeking spiritual intervention. do you believe? if so who are the leading healers of our time right now you would recommend and why?

I think a doctor/surgon would best answer this, do they find miracles? something which is medically impossible! Like. he wasn't supposed to live but miracolously survived? Dhondy might be able to anwser this

I am tempted to recollect a few snippets from Lance Armstrong's 'Its not About the Bike'. When he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, the doctors gave him 2% survival chance. To overcome that, and then to go to win the Tour De France, more than once after that, is a truly remarkable. In many medical cases, there's a point beyond which Science cannot come up with conclusive answers. What are will willing to buy for an argument beyond that is entirely based upon you.

I think a doctor/surgon would best answer this, do they find miracles? something which is medically impossible! Like. he wasn't supposed to live but miracolously survived? Dhondy might be able to anwser this
Yeah, I will. I practice faith healing all the time. My patients start praying to The Almighty the moment they see me approach them, and don't stop praying until a few days later, thankful to be still alive. By that time, they have forgotten what the original ailment was. That's faith healing.

I am tempted to recollect a few snippets from Lance Armstrong's 'Its not About the Bike'. When he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, the doctors gave him 2% survival chance. To overcome that, and then to go to win the Tour De France, more than once after that, is a truly remarkable. In many medical cases, there's a point beyond which Science cannot come up with conclusive answers. What are will willing to buy for an argument beyond that is entirely based upon you.
The 2% is simply not true. The doctors gave him a 50% chance of survival. From the American Cancer Society website: In October 1996, the cyclist learned he had testicular cancer that had spread to his abdomen, lungs, and brain. He was given a 50 percent chance of survival and had surgery to remove his right testicle and brain lesions, followed by three months of chemotherapy. In 1997, Armstrong was declared cancer-free, and he began his cycling comeback in May 1998. "I was a halfway dead man just a few years ago and the best doctors in the world put me back together," he said during a press conference after winning the ninth stage of the Tour. "I feel better now than ever before." Caught early, 95 percent of men with testicular cancer are eventually cured. "It's a great success story for modern western medicine," said Gabe Feldman, MD, director of colorectal and prostate cancer for the American Cancer Society (ACS). "It wasn't long ago that testicular cancer was a uniformly fatal diagnosis." http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_2_1x_Lance_Armstrong_Conquers_Cancer.asp In no way do I intend to downplay LA's accomplishments, but his cure was no miracle. It was a triumph of biomedical science.

The 2% is simply not true. The doctors gave him a 50% chance of survival. From the American Cancer Society website: In October 1996, the cyclist learned he had testicular cancer that had spread to his abdomen, lungs, and brain. He was given a 50 percent chance of survival and had surgery to remove his right testicle and brain lesions, followed by three months of chemotherapy. In 1997, Armstrong was declared cancer-free, and he began his cycling comeback in May 1998. "I was a halfway dead man just a few years ago and the best doctors in the world put me back together," he said during a press conference after winning the ninth stage of the Tour. "I feel better now than ever before." Caught early, 95 percent of men with testicular cancer are eventually cured. "It's a great success story for modern western medicine," said Gabe Feldman, MD, director of colorectal and prostate cancer for the American Cancer Society (ACS). "It wasn't long ago that testicular cancer was a uniformly fatal diagnosis." http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_2_1x_Lance_Armstrong_Conquers_Cancer.asp In no way do I intend to downplay LA's accomplishments, but his cure was no miracle. It was a triumph of biomedical science.
Well, his book said 2%. I will try to cross-check and get back.

We have to be careful about attributing the word 'miracle' with medical recoveries which appear miraculous in nature. They just prove that science has still unsolved mysteries rather than anything supernatural. Meaning what can be categorized as an unexplainable phenomenon today may be run of the mill day to day occurrence 50 years later.

One of my family friends survived blood cancer way back in 1995. Doctors had given up but they tried a drug on her which was on trial stage But she was so bold and when I met her, it was that will power on her face which calmed everyone down She was interviewed on TV also that time, now is happily married in Boston