Indians lack in mental strength?

agree that india's final record is nothing to talk about....but not sure about the mental strength? they have been giving Aussies a run for their money for sometime now and have done fairly well in all their overseas tour... I just think that its the complacency that's screwing them.....

Isn't it sort of ironic that our ODI cricket team is better suited to handle teams like Australia' date='England than SL and pakistan?[/quote'] We did lose odi series to Australia a lil while back in India.England always fight till the last game against India and do win odi series against India. I think they won the last odi series vs India...7th game at lords..decider..India lost when it mattered.....Familiar situation. The cb series is one of the high points of Indian history.

All I am saying is our team do have a lot of skills We play awesome cricket to reach finals most times. But when its the finals, we look like Bangladesh and every other team liek Australia. Just discuss this...It cant be that our bowlers change over that one day and our batsmen decide to bat liek they from Bangladesh. It got more to do than JUST WITH CRICKET SKILLS. Lets keep it on topic with just discussing that. What happens on that one day? Why does our team change totally? We are better team than winning 2 outaa 22 finals we in.

lets start off accepting some of weakness.We are poor chasers in the finals and our batsmen wilt.In that case it is criminal to bowl 1st if you win the toss putting all the pressure on the batsmen.Other teams also know this too i guess.Does anybody know how many times we have lost those finals chasing?.It would be interesting.

All I am saying is our team do have a lot of skills We play awesome cricket to reach finals most times. But when its the finals, we look like Bangladesh and every other team liek Australia. Just discuss this...It cant be that our bowlers change over that one day and our batsmen decide to bat liek they from Bangladesh. It got more to do than JUST WITH CRICKET SKILLS. Lets keep it on topic with just discussing that. What happens on that one day? Why does our team change totally? We are better team than winning 2 outaa 22 finals we in.
Well Y4C if v knew the answer or if our team knew the answer then they wont be winning jus 2 outaa 22 rite..its quite inexplicable really..its not mental strength or killer instinct..i guess we try too hard sometimes or the other team is just too good on that day..coz we are not chokers..that tag is owned by the South Africans, it so happens that our cricket drops down a bit in the final and the other teams pounce upon it and look like Australians..

Keep in mind that we have contested those finals against the top teams, or in extraordinary circumstances. For instance, this past final, with a rather inexperienced team, we lost to the guile of a rookie spinner who had the element of surprise on his side... we lost the kitply cup, almost a sort of lottery... had it been a best of three, we would have established our superiority. We lost the 2003 world cup to arguably the best team in the tournament playing its finest cricket; lost some tri nation tournaments in the single final after winning all the previous league matches... and as for prior asia cup defeats, we have either played sri lanka at their home ground, or have played them when we have been playing them when our deepest troughs in performance matched one of their finest cresendos, as in 2004 (where the only reason we made it to the final was thanks to a tendulkar special). The VB series we have lost, we have lost to the finest team on earth. If you observe closely, we play most of our cricket against top notch teams such as Australia and Sri Lanka... lately there has been too much of PAkistan, and its has become predictably one sided... but nonetheless, we do need to strengthen our resolve to handle the finals.

IND have screwed up from a good position in tests a LOT more than they have in ODIs. In most of these ODI finals they have been outplayed.
Not true, the worst we have done from positions of strength is not capitalized on our position and ended with a neutral result where a partisan result in our favour could have been attained. the only instance that comes to mind where we ought to have won, but actually lost was the third test during the tour of south africa.
Not true' date=' the [b']worst we have done from positions of strength is not capitalized on our position and ended with a neutral result where a partisan result in our favour could have been attained. the only instance that comes to mind where we ought to have won, but actually lost was the third test during the tour of south africa.
yeah thats why i said "good position" and not "winning position". I recall quite a few examples in recent times like Mohali 05, Sydeny 08(losing 3 wickets in 1 over to Clark), Karachi 06, 3rd test vs SA and Kolkata 07 vs PAK.
As long we have mentally weak players like the Yuvi' date=' who fold at the first sign of swing/spin, we will remain so[/quote'] haha good one, u nailed someone with that comment:giggle::giggle:. Yuvi dude... mendis nailed him in 2 balls haha
Who do you think are big game odi players in our team? I think Gambhir and sehwag if he is lucky. Gambhir I have seen him perform in crucnh games but the sample is too small. Time will tell. Rest pretty much suck.
sachin is AMAZING in finals. Yuvraj scks in finals BIG TIME. Only time i remember him aiding to win in a final was in natwest series... that too... didnt take us home till the end. PLayed a stupid shot to get out.
sachin is AMAZING in finals. Yuvraj scks in finals BIG TIME. Only time i remember him aiding to win in a final was in natwest series... that too... didnt take us home till the end. PLayed a stupid shot to get out.
finey is gonna get u for that comment :D but yes SRT does avg high in finals..infact higher than his career avg if im right..
What is hsi average in finals won and finals lost compared with his career that classify him as a big game playerÉ How many finals have he won for India of tri series of biggerÉ Talking about Sachin. Well dude before cb series, the only TRI SERIES FINAL we won was natewest final with yuvis help...so stfu. But yuvi does suck in finals along with rest of the team.
What is hsi average in finals won and finals lost compared with his career that classify him as a big game playerÉ How many finals have he won for India of tri series of biggerÉ Talking about Sachin. Well dude before cb series, the only TRI SERIES FINAL we won was natewest final with yuvis help...so stfu. But yuvi does suck in finals along with rest of the team.
SRTs avg in finals until match 2007 was 46.5 or something and his career avg is 44.33 so its better than his career avg..and this doesn include the CB series finals..but as far as ur classification as in how many finals v won how many v lost i have no idea..overall his finals avg is really gud which means he does perform in finals but the players around him play like sh!t..it aint his fault if that happens..
Sachin has won 15 finals in his career averaging 99.90 in them your call
SRTs avg in finals until match 2007 was 46.5 or something and his career avg is 44.33 so its better than his career avg..and this doesn include the CB series finals..but as far as ur classification as in how many finals v won how many v lost i have no idea..overall his finals avg is really gud which means he does perform in finals but the players around him play like sh!t..it aint his fault if that happens..
Sachin averages 53 in finals. In his lifetime in cricket, India has won 15 finals in whcih he averages 99.90, showing he is the key performer in most.
Sachin averages 53 in finals. In his lifetime in cricket' date=' India has won 15 finals in whcih he averages 99.90, showing he is the key performer in most.[/quote'] haha another nail hammered in to the head piece :cantstop:. PLease show us mr.yuseless record in finals:hysterical: