Cricket is such a charming game!

Cook given out caught behind straight away, when missing the ball by a fair bit - ball hit the thigh pad. I have NO sympathy here. England brought this upon themselves by trying to keep the charm and randomness of the game that comes with umpires intact and I hope they take several more like this in the balls. May Pietersen, Strauss, Flintoff and co. all get nuked and Anderson have a couple of clean nicks given not out. Maybe then they'll learn that technology makes a big difference. (Note to Chandan/Gambit; keep this thread as it is, let's keep track of how often the charm backfires on England now)

lol, Star Cricket has a new debate show. In the previews, there was this issue brought up and they go on about human and making mistakes. Akash Chopra, I think it was then quips, "All that is well, but in case of umpires' mistakes, someone else is paying for them" :finger:

I just saw why Eng doesnt want to use technology. Sky was showing highlights of 98 series when Pom played Saf @ home. SAF was 1-0 up in a 3 test series when umpires started playing for Eng. If u thought that bucknor was the worst then u gotta watch javed Akhtar of Pak raise his finger at every appeal from English bowlers. Just shocking. Poms were 1 nil down and eventually won the series 2-1 ...