If there is any team that lacks killer instinct,

Ram

Its the English. Thats now TWO home summer test series' in a row, that they have failed to capitalize on a brilliant start in the first test and have gone on to lose the second by a HEAVY margin. What are the odds that the same script wont be enacted again, with the Saffies managing to atleast draw the third? Quite high, given the relatively docile nature of the pitches and the red-hot form of South Africa's batsmen. England have been close to invincible at home this decade,which makes it really praiseworthy for the Saffies to have taken the lead, which in turn makes it even more praisworthy that we we managed to draw with them, when they came to India a couple of months ago. Michael Vaughan must be truly kicking himelf!

lol MM still a long way to go..2 more tests are there..so take it easy on them..yes i agree they shd have won the first test..no matter wat kinda pitch it was they had 2 full days but they just cudnt do it..and now the Saffies have turned it on..but hey i wont bet on Saffies winning the series as yet..coz if u had seen the last 3 to 4 series it has almost followed a similar trend..they have been like a cat and mouse both these teams..so i predict a strong comeback by England in the 3rd test infact i wont be surprised if they even manage to win it.. but hey about the killer instinct it can also be said that the other teams just raise their game from the 2nd test onwards like wat v did..v were like sitting ducks in the first test but then our batsmen rose to the challenge..i wud say India, SA and England are all equally matched and there is not much to choose between these 3 teams rite now..maybe SA has the real fire power in their bowling department but the other teams do have their own advantages as well..

Its the English. Thats now TWO home summer test series' in a row, that they have failed to capitalize on a brilliant start in the first test and have gone on to lose the second by a HEAVY margin. What are the odds that the same script wont be enacted again, with the Saffies managing to atleast draw the third? Quite high, given the relatively docile nature of the pitches and the red-hot form of South Africa's batsmen. England have been close to invincible at home this decade,which makes it really praiseworthy for the Saffies to have taken the lead, which in turn makes it even more praisworthy that we we managed to draw with them, when they came to India a couple of months ago. Michael Vaughan must be truly kicking himelf!
Very true. Kallis is due for a big score, so things don't look too good for England. :giggle: English press and media are the most OTT media EVER. I read an artilcle in times.co.uk, which I saw being referred to in Cricinfo, and they just brushed away India's victory as freak. I mean, I know we were saved by rain in first test, but we dominated them very well in next two, and had we lost the first one, we could have definitely pushed for victory in the third test. They played NZ for like a billion years at a strech, and got their egos boosted.:haha:

Do they even care? For them Ashes is real cricket. ODIs are pyjama cricket, T20s are BS. Any other test cricket is preparation for Ashes. Ashes is all they live for. And as long as they win the Ashes once in a decade, they feel on top of the world.

no hoggy' date=' harmi, s. jones... its expected :D[/quote'] Harmi has been "out of form" for 3 years :hysterical:. Hoggard I think is "out of favor" and looks gone for ever. S. Jones was not seen as having played much recently and hence not included. But seriously, these excuses are getting too much now. Everyone just keeps looking at that 2005 Ashes winning team, and hoping for them to come together. Even Vaughan is not consistent. Strauss has his own problems t the top. Cook and Bell have quite a few centuries but still look inexperienced.

English team is all about hype with no substance. Even the last season, there was lot of hype after England won against West Indies but then they lost against India. Similarly this year they won against NZ at home and now are struggling against Saffies. This is nothing new for English cricket. BTW they had their full strength in batting but still struggled to score enough. They even had Freddi but alas they could do nothing to justify the hype.