Review system under the scanner

Can some one clarify Does this mean maximum 12 unsuccessful review per test match or 6 unsuccessful review per test match .1. Each team is allowed to make three unsuccessful review requests per innings. If a review results in the umpire reversing his original decision, then the request has been successful and does not count towards the innings limit. If the umpire's decision is unchanged, the review is unsuccessful. After three unsuccessful requests by one team, no further review requests will be allowed by that team during the current innings.

Can some one clarify Does this mean maximum 12 unsuccessful review per test match or 6 unsuccessful review per test match .1. Each team is allowed to make three unsuccessful review requests per innings. If a review results in the umpire reversing his original decision, then the request has been successful and does not count towards the innings limit. If the umpire's decision is unchanged, the review is unsuccessful. After three unsuccessful requests by one team, no further review requests will be allowed by that team during the current innings.
12 reviews.

QUOTE=maaki;461114]Can some one clarify Does this mean maximum 12 unsuccessful review per test match or 6 unsuccessful review per test match .1. Each team is allowed to make three unsuccessful review requests per innings. If a review results in the umpire reversing his original decision, then the request has been successful and does not count towards the innings limit. If the umpire's decision is unchanged, the review is unsuccessful. After three unsuccessful requests by one team, no further review requests will be allowed by that team during the current innings.

There is a fixed time for seeking umpire review: Expert Cricketers cannot take longer than a few seconds to seek an umpire referral in case of a close dismissal. More... There is a fixed time for seeking umpire review: Expert Colombo (PTI): Cricketers cannot take longer than a few seconds to seek an umpire referral in case of a close dismissal, says a technical expert, who submitted a report reviewing the recently-introduced system to ICC General Manager Dave Richardson. "Consultation between the players is allowed provided it occurs almost immediately and is very brief. Procrastination would disqualify a referral," said Senaka Weeraratana on the referral system that is on trial in the ongoing Test series between India and Sri Lanka. "The total time elapsed between the ball becoming dead and the review request being made should be no more than a few seconds," Weeraratna, a former consultant to the Sri Lankan Law Commission said. Weeraratna maintained that if the umpires believe that a request has not been made promptly, they may at their discretion decline to review the decision. On the referral system as a whole, Weeraratna said, "the notion of justice is infinitely superior to that of tradition." "A system that enhances a greater degree of accuracy in decision making is innately better than a system that merely rests on tradition i.e. on the finality of the decision of the on field umpire, irrespective of whether he gets it right or wrong," he said. Weeraratana, however, agreed with Indian cricket captain Anil Kumble, who felt there was a need to address the issue of delays in adjudication.

Few seconds - can someone define that, what is a few seconds, its defn not the time Jayawardene took to refer the Dravid decision, i hope the definition of this few seconds is given, coz unless that is cleared, we would still be facing loop holes in the system

Few seconds - can someone define that' date=' what is a few seconds, its defn not the time Jayawardene took to refer the Dravid decision, i hope the definition of this few seconds is given, coz unless that is cleared, we would still be facing loop holes in the system[/quote'] exactly what i was going to say wtf does a few seconds mean, how ridiculous

I think they should even clearify whether the captain can ask the umpires view on the decision? does the captain of a team have the right to question the umpire on the field, there was an instance during the second test where jayawardene questioned the umpire about certain elements of the decision and then went upstairs for the referral, that seemed a bit strange to me, i feel sometimes that jayawardene is a bit too cocky as a captain, or may be its just me?