Galle 2008 : Guys...we now have the Fab One !!

Galle 2008 From now on Galle 2008 will be called "Veeru's Test match". What a performance. He mauled Mendis and Murli. Total no fear cricket and inspired his team mates to approach. There was only one way to survive there and it was to attack. You never know one delivery will just kick and get you. Thank you Sehwag for all the entertainment. Galle 2008 is now officially "Veeru's Test match" just how Kolkatta 2001 is VVS test match.

What a champion! India has never produced a cricketer of Veeru's attitude and quality' date=' in her history, probably never will! Cherish these moments, while they last.[/quote'] I agree. we have never had a batsman of this man's calibre. Calibre here does not just refer to ability, but also his mental makeup, and his ability to concentrate on the job at hand without letting emotions and extraneous factors cloud his thoughts. He's an amazing batsman, Sehwag. Whisper it from the eaves, but there is no better in the world right now. Ask the bowlers. They'll tell you they fear him above all else.
im not sure but i think he is more devastating than Sir Viv also..well the seniors in the forums who have seen Viv bat can confirm that with me..Viru is just unbelievable..a kohinoor diamond :icflove:
He was a great batsman, Satish, but he still scored at only 64 runs per 100 deliveries. Sehwag scores at 77. Only Gilchrist has ever scored faster.
He was a great batsman' date=' Satish, but he still scored at only 64 runs per 100 deliveries. Sehwag scores at 77. Only Gilchrist has ever scored faster.[/quote'] thanks for the info Dhondy..oh 64 hmm then yes he is truly spectacular..and that too as an opener wen he gets going he demoralizes the opposition..its too sad that the middle order of our team has floundered so many of Viru's great starts..guess he is in a different league..i still cant believe that our retarded selectors dropped him from the test squad..bunch of losers they are..

Sehwag played great, no doubt. But, please - saying that he is better than Sir Viv Richards and Don Bradman and all that? Cmon! I guess since this is victory day, we should allow for poetic over the top praises as part of the congrats thread. Lets appreciate Sehwag, but all time cricket greats like Viv and Don have reason why they are the game's greatest ever. Thats different era, this is different, and we shud leave Sehwag without these comparisons.