Sachin should bat no.3 in ODIs

this may shock a few ppl here that I am saying this coz I have been a staunch Sachin supporter (still am, always will be) since he made his debut ... However, in ODIs I feel for the benefit of the team and the future of the ODI side, I feel it will be better if Gambhir and Sehwag open and Sachin bats 3. I know its his worst position, but still. Statistically, his best positions are opener and no.4 but I wouldnt want him to bat 4 coz I feel he is quite useful in the powerplays and to survive the new ball (he is still our most technically correct batsman). I just feel that we should keep the Gambhir/Sehwag opening partnership in ODIs too. These guys have opened together for Delhi in Ranji, for the Delhi Daredevils, for the India T20 side, for the Indian test side now too. I just feel that they should open in ODIs too. They have a good understanding and hopefully we can build a team around them over the next few years.

Strange. There was once a time, when Sehwag couldnt buy a run in international cricket and Gambhir couldnt score against anyone but the minnow. Dont forget, ordinary batsman are subject to the vagaries of form. Its only a matter of time ( of course, I am not hoping this is gonna happen, I am actually dreading at the prospect of this materializing) before either Sehwag or Gambhir or both lose form and confidence. But surely, its really really hard to separate Sehwag and Gambhir right now. Their blistering starts at the top of order has been the basis on which many of our recent ODI triumphs have been engineered.

Karthik at no.7 doesnt look the batsman he was' date=' opening. Either he should be sent up the order or Parthiv should replace him.[/quote'] up the order??? hmm we don't have any room up the order, Class player like laxman isn't able to get a chance at no.3 or 4, how can we drag karthik up the order?
Not again FFS .... How many times are we going to put that same lame argument of "For the better of team" ..... There never was and never will be a better opener than Boss in ODIs ..... if you want to try others just rest him in those kit-kat this-that series (which he does on his own anyways).
:yay::yay: