One more Pakistani to Join Kolkata Knight Riders

Pakistan allrounder Yasir Arafat has signed up with Kolkata Knight Riders for the second edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in April 2009. Arafat, who currently plays county cricket for Kent, confirmed that he was approached by the Kolkata team and had accepted the offer after getting a clearance from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). "They [Kolkata Knight Riders] approached me and I was keen to join because it was owned by Shah Rukh Khan," he told PTI. "The team has many exciting players in it." He was part of the Kent team which narrowly lost to Middlesex in the Twenty20 Cup final recently and was awarded a central contract for the first time in 2007 after his impressive stint with the club. While he has played only four international Twenty20 matches, he has plenty of domestic experience in the format with the Rawalpindi Rams, Sussex and Kent. He becomes the fifth Pakistan player to sign with Kolkata, joining his compatriots Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Salman Butt and Mohammad Hafeez.
Why is SRK hiring only pakistanis. Maybe he should move his side from Kolkata to Lahore or somewhere.

I heard a lot about Yasir Arafat, but never impressed with his bowling. Shahrukh choice is not bad at all considering his bowling was superb in County, but i have never seen his bowling in County yet. Let's see how he performs in IPL. Had Saqlain not joined ICL, then Saqlain would have gotten better contract and i would have loved to see his bowling for sure !!!

I heard a lot about Yasir Arafat' date=' but never impressed with his bowling. Shahrukh choice is not bad at all considering his bowling was superb in County, but i have never seen his bowling in County yet. Let's see how he performs in IPL. Had Saqlain not joined ICL, then Saqlain would have gotten better contract and i would have loved to see his bowling for sure !!![/quote'] well yasir sucks when made to bowl for a stretch of more than 6 overs. except for the one performance, during the first session of the third test between india and pakistan, he was quite pathetic throughout the match. but T20 cricket is able to paper over the shortcomings of cricketers since they are exposed to the humdrum of the sport for a very short period, and its virtually a lottery: you might get a good ball and be a gonner for a duck, or you might knock two or three about, which would be enough to establish your performance for the match. i think shahrukh is applying the formula he applies to his movies to his cricket: emphasis on the foreign element, show a whole bunch of stuff that goes on abroad, and then count on the nostalgia of the foreign viewers to rake in the currency. unfortunately, he does not realize that the pakistani audience is not as interested in the IPL as they are in his simple minded movies, and furthermore, nor do they have the monetary strength to bring in the large revenue. all the money is in the viewership rights, which will be universal for all teams and thus, while his team's popularity might be low, he might not realize it since the money would still be coming in.

Well a while back I went to game india were playing at Lords. In the programme it had interview with Mr Khan. It asked him questions on fav players etc. He hardly talked about india team and said how much he loved pak team, named a load of them as his fav players and said he was really good friends with a lot of them.