One Day squad to Sri Lanka

Feed

ahendra Singh Dhoni will lead India's 16-man squad for the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka while Virat Kohli, the under-19 captain, gets a maiden call-up. The majority of the squad will then will feature in the Champions Trophy in September, with Ishant Sharma, who will be rested for the series against Sri Lanka, coming in and Parthiv Patel and Munaf Patel returning home. Squad for Sri Lanka ODIs Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, - Expected Virat Kohli, Where is Badri or Dhawan? Parthiv Patel, Irfan Pathan :angry_smile:, Praveen Kumar, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, - Expected Munaf Patel:angry_smile: FOR odis we are picking cannot-run/field-daadaaji??? :mad:, Pragyan Ojha. :thumbs_up:

One Day squad to Sri Lanka Dhoni returns for Sri Lanka ODIs India in Sri Lanka 2008 Dhoni returns for Sri Lanka ODIs Cricinfo staff August 7, 2008 Mahendra Singh Dhoni will lead India's 16-man squad for the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka while Virat Kohli, the under-19 captain, gets a maiden call-up. The majority of the squad will then will feature in the Champions Trophy in September, with Ishant Sharma, who will be rested for the series against Sri Lanka, coming in and Parthiv Patel and Munaf Patel returning home. Squad for Sri Lanka ODIs Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Parthiv Patel, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha. No Bardi yet again?:mad: Are the selectors mad or what? Is Badrinath a lesser batsman than Kohli? And Kohli has to prove a lot in the domestic cricket first! Where are Sreesanth and Chawla? And why on earth is Sachin playing? He could have played in Champion's trophy! If he keeps playing non stop he might get injured for the home series again!

Cricinfo: The majority of the squad will then will feature in the Champions Trophy in September, with Ishant Sharma, who will be rested for the series against Sri Lanka, coming in and Parthiv Patel and Munaf Patel returning home.
(who will replace PP when he returns? Badri must be pissed getting denied repeatedly)
Regional lobbying chandan.......Or BCCI impressed by his flashy looks!:P
Don't think it is regional lobbying, Rads. Then the logical replacement of Uthappa (a SZ player) would have been Badri(another SZ player). I think it is something else. Have the selectors explained their team as yet? Have they called a press conference?
(who will replace PP when he returns? Badri must be pissed getting denied repeatedly)
Champion's Trophy must have only 15 member squad. Hence there is no place for a reserve keeper!
Don't think it is regional lobbying, Rads. Then the logical replacement of Uthappa (a SZ player) would have been Badri(another SZ player). I think it is something else. Have the selectors explained their team as yet? Have they called a press conference?
You actually listen to what those buffoons say? They'll just make some general remarks.
Don't think it is regional lobbying, Rads. Then the logical replacement of Uthappa (a SZ player) would have been Badri(another SZ player). I think it is something else. Have the selectors explained their team as yet? Have they called a press conference? Champion's Trophy must have only 15 member squad. Hence there is no place for a reserve keeper!
That clown Niranjan Shah announced the team...and avoided answering questions as it is selectors decision. I think with the emphasis on marketability(thanks to IPL)....BCCI has decided to back Kohli over Badri.Paisa seems to be top priority for BCCI now.

The Obvious ones : Virender Sehwag Sachin Tendulkar Gautam Gambhir Yuvraj Singh MS Dhoni Suresh Raina Rohit Sharma Harbhajan Singh RP Singh Praveen Kumar Zaheer Khan I would like to defend the BCCI for once :winky:, Ishant Sharma rested -- That i think is the wisest decision, coz the Champions Trophy is a very important competition. Pragyan Ojha -- He really performed well in a series where the bowlers were touted around for fun, it was a toss up between him and Piyush for the second spinners spot, well Piyush had an awful Asia cup, but he's young and will defn learn from the experience Parthiv Patel -- Straight Foward decision, DK is out of sorts and we need a second choice keeper Irfan Pathan -- Very lucky lad, just made it, coz there were 16 to be selected and not 15, i think the selectors want him to get back into form coz we all know what an ascet this boy can be, he can get some crucial games under his belt before the CT. Munaf Patel -- I was never a fan of Muna, and am still not, but his selection was purely based on improving our bench strength, the selectors may also have had his IPL performances in back of their mind Virat Kohli -- The boy has talent, the selectors are looking ahead, he might not even get a look in ahead of the other batsmen, but its only giving him a feel of the international stage, players like Badri are not getting any younger, yes i think Shikhar is a talent too, but he will get his chance