Did Tendulkar excel under Pressure As always again??

119 not out v England, Old Trafford, 1990, came in at 129/5 114 v Australia, Perth, 1991-92, score was 135/7 before he reached 20 india lost that match 122 v England, Edgbaston 1996, no other batsman scored even 20 this match they drew 169 v South Africa, Cape Town, 1996-97, came in at 58/5 lost match 155 v South Africa, Bloemfontein, 2001-02, came in at 68/4 lost match Now i request you to bring up 5 such innings of Ponting or else stop making MORONIc staements. Put up or shut up. Put ur money where your mouth is, etc, etc..
i am just posting very recent unlike your so called god's ancient history 156 - - - - - v England Manchester 11 Aug 2005 saved the match 142 - - - - - v England Adelaide 1 Dec 2006 coming at 1/8 and they 3/65 chasing 554 Australia won the match 117 - - - - - v South Africa Melbourne 26 Dec 2005 coming at 1/8 australia won the match 103 and 116- - - - - v South Africa Durban 24 Mar 2006 Test # 1792 made two hundreds in the match setting up the win for his team I can give you more if you need how his hundreds contributed in his team winning and I can give occasions when Sachin failed to deliver when his team needed him to deliver.
i am just posting very recent unlike your so called god's ancient history 156 - - - - - v England Manchester 11 Aug 2005 saved the match 142 - - - - - v England Adelaide 1 Dec 2006 coming at 1/8 and they 3/65 chasing 554 Australia won the match 117 - - - - - v South Africa Melbourne 26 Dec 2005 coming at 1/8 australia won the match 103 and 116- - - - - v South Africa Durban 24 Mar 2006 Test # 1792 made two hundreds in the match setting up the win for his team I can give you more if you need how his hundreds contributed in his team winning and I can give occasions when Sachin failed to deliver when his team needed him to deliver.
Okay, so what you are saying here is that, each time Sachin delivered, it was unwarranted / his team did not want him to deliver?
To 2 cents: You make my point. For the last 7 years Sachin has been Pooping Under Pressure !
So, the boundaries move again. Your baseless statement that he ALWAYS failed under pressure has been shown as just that Baseless. Remmeber, that most test players do not make 10 centuries in their whole career, let alone ten in situations i gave examples of. 153 vs AUS at Adeliade this year. Certainly 112/3 is more pressure than 102/2?
Okay, so what you are saying here is that, each time Sachin delivered, it was unwarranted / his team did not want him to deliver?[/quote scoring when his team needs runs to win or setup win was never sachin's forte and it will never will be, when he was in his prime the team around him for so bad he had to shoulder all the burden and when team improved he never delivered his share to help team cause to win. He has been mediocre for way too long to be still considered as one of best batsman in world, if any other batsman failed as often as he failed in recent past they would have been gone from the team.

I love these posts ... This is the first bad series Sachin has had in almost 18 months ... and look at these guys come out of nowhere ... choke this, choke that (Forget the fact that Sachin is coming back from injury). Guys , let these guys vent ... ever since last year's world cup, they were proven wrong about pretty everything they said about Sachin ... now is their big chance ... they have to capitalise before he scores runs again.

no wonder ponting and kallis are considered greater batsmen by everyone except indian fans, a good example is world cup 2003 final, pontings hundred and sachins low score
Ponting is one of the biggest minnow bashers in the history of the game. He has scored the bulk of his test centuries against weaker attacks like the Windies attack, Bangladesh, the Lankan attack in Australia, the England attack in 2006 (with Giles and the like), a piss weak SAF side (before Steyn came along) with guys like Nel, Langdvelt and Boje If you look at some of the more challenging conditions Ponting has been faced with such as ... playing India in India, playing Sri Lanka in Lanka, playing the Pakistani side with Shoaib, Wasim and Waqar in the early 00s, the England side in 2005, the Indian attack last summer, he has struggled Ponting is the most over-rated player ... Imo Hayden is better than Ponting. Hayden is someone who could score against top attacks too. Not Ponting.
It is not about supporting ponting ' date=' it is about showing ponting has always led his team with perfomances and delivered in crunch which sachin has not done.[/quote'] Can u honestly tell me that Ponting has performed more than Sachin against tougher bowling attacks in tougher conditions? In tests that is
Hands up all those who think "Poopin" Sachin will make at least 50 in the second innings ! PS: Note that Poopin has not passed 50 on this tour........AND.....the next and final inns is a 2ND INNS !!
Take this as an advice. Stop using tags like "pooping" next to a players name who obviously has a great fan following in this forum. Fans take offense at such addressing and you do not have to disrespect a player to make your point. If you keep calling names, you are provoking people to get nasty in their replies back. A debate or an argument can be done in a civilized manner. Not that its uncivilized to add pooping to a name, but when you do it repeatedly, you are encouraging the undesirable.
Okay, so what you are saying here is that, each time Sachin delivered, it was unwarranted / his team did not want him to deliver?[/quote scoring when his team needs runs to win or setup win was never sachin's forte and it will never will be, when he was in his prime the team around him for so bad he had to shoulder all the burden and when team improved he never delivered his share to help team cause to win. He has been mediocre for way too long to be still considered as one of best batsman in world, if any other batsman failed as often as he failed in recent past they would have been gone from the team.
What was India's most celebrated win in recent times?

Lets see here ... Since world cup 07, lets look at both test and ODI ... * SAF in Ireland - performed well * Eng in England - performed well * Aus in India - performed well * Pak in India - performed well * Aus in Aus - performed very well * SAF in India - just played the 1 match ... so i am not counting that * IPL - in his short spell, he did pretty well Now after his first series, coming back from injury (with just the one warm up game). He has struggled against one of the best and most unique spin combinations in recent years on their own turf. Can anyone please explain to me ... how this is at all fair to Sachin?

Sachin vs Ponting ... Sachin wins because he has performed better against the better bowlers in tougher conditions. Ponting can tough out a big innings against like 2nd string English or SAF attacks (usually playing on pitches identical to their home tracks), or against a Bangladeshi or Windies attack. Possibly one of the feircest competitors and sharpest sledgers of all time in Shane Warne rated Sachin as the best ever player he has played against ... purely because of his mental toughness.

Lets see here ... Since world cup 07, lets look at both test and ODI ... * SAF in Ireland - performed well * Eng in England - performed well * Aus in India - performed well * Pak in India - performed well * Aus in Aus - performed very well * SAF in India - just played the 1 match ... so i am not counting that * IPL - in his short spell, he did pretty well Now after his first series, coming back from injury (with just the one warm up game). He has struggled against one of the best and most unique spin combinations in recent years on their own turf. Can anyone please explain to me ... how this is at all fair to Sachin?
You just showed Bharat how simple and transparent it is. Some people just dont want to understand.
For those who say that Sachin always chokes under pressure: Show me one innings that he did not play under pressure. The man carried the pressure of a billion people on his shoulders every time he went out to bat. Yet he scored the highest number of runs in one format and second highest in another at an astonishing strike rate.
excellent point, how many other cricketers play under the amount of pressure this guy does i've heard interviews from 90% of the cricketers and if they talk about Sachin, they all mention at how amazed they are at the way Sachin handles all the pressure. Yet Indian fans, or so called Indian fans can't appreciate it
Hands up all those who think "Poopin" Sachin will make at least 50 in the second innings ! PS: Note that Poopin has not passed 50 on this tour........AND.....the next and final inns is a 2ND INNS !!
I think you've pooped all over this thread
2nd highest run scorer last year? well he was somewhere at the top
You mean averaging 55 last year and 45 this year?
don't worry about all that, he had one bad series, lets drop him for a n00b
It is not about supporting ponting ' date=' it is about showing ponting has always led his team with perfomances and delivered in crunch which sachin has not done.[/quote'] nothing Ponting has done is better than Sachin Ponting is a scum cheat, who is a baby compared to Sachin Ponting usually requires 10 chances before he scores a 100
you are comparing Sachin with ponting not what sachin did in Indian's win recently in cb series,
so lets forget all the times Sachin has done something for India and then lets judge him what a brilliant way to go about things
Sachin vs Ponting ... Sachin wins because he has performed better against the better bowlers in tougher conditions. Ponting can tough out a big innings against like 2nd string English or SAF attacks (usually playing on pitches identical to their home tracks), or against a Bangladeshi or Windies attack. Possibly one of the feircest competitors and sharpest sledgers of all time in Shane Warne rated Sachin as the best ever player he has played against ... purely because of his mental toughness.
Show me one innings in which Sachin played like what Smith did against england all thru his career,150 of them where he made 100 to lead his team to win in fourth innings against any team, he may be the best we got but in terms of match winning ability Sachin is not even close Ponting.