India very much alive

goose

Quite a few things going for India : 1. New ball, fresh bowlers, hard pitch. 2. Two walking wickets at the crease. If above two things mix together we will have Jayawardene and Sangakkara at the crease together with the score 30/3 and anything can happen from there on. Obviously Kumble and Harhajan cannot afford a poor day but if we can get SL to anything below 300, I would say we are favorites.

Well, after the injury to Sharma he won't be bowling for the rest of the test match I think. If he's lucky, it's just a pulled muscle with 2-4 weeks recovery. If he's not, then it'll be a pull hamstring and he's out of action for at least 6 weeks. The responsibility will now rely on our batsmen. They'll all underperforming with the exception of the openers and this being the last test for the big four in Sri Lanka it's now or never for them. They've seen enough of Mendis and Murali and the conditions are still ok for batting. Now we'll see what Dravid/Ganguly/Laxman/Tendulkar are made of. I expect Gambhir/Sehwag to do their job and do it well but they can't do it all. The only hope we have now is that we bat tomorrow and a lot of the 4th day and put Sri Lanka in to bat on the fifth day where the pitch will be a minefield and Kumble, Harbhajan, and Zaheer plus Sehwag might be enough.