Abhinav Bindra WINS GOLD FOR INDIA in the Olympics !

Tapioca

AWESOME! Best news, and sporting sight, in a long long time. Bindra finally does justice to his talents. Here is a big big Conrgratulations & Thanks...and also wishing that this would only be a start of sign of better things from now on.

made me proud for being citizen of a country where Indians like Abhinav Bindra are born
Doesnt make me proud at all for being born in/citizen of a country like India where the first individual gold medal came 60 years after independence. A nation of sporting lilliputs and competitors who dont understand the meaning of that word even. Sorry, when the olympics come, i'd much rather advertise my Canadian citizenship over my Indian origin..the latter is shame-worthy, the former is atleast more respectable.

Doesnt make me proud at all for being born in/citizen of a country like India where the first individual gold medal came 60 years after independence. A nation of sporting lilliputs and competitors who dont understand the meaning of that word even. Sorry, when the olympics come, i'd much rather advertise my Canadian citizenship over my Indian origin..the latter is shame-worthy, the former is atleast more respectable.
Thats quite uncalled for. What if you were not a Canadian citizen? Would you be sulking that Bindra won a Gold and brought glory to India? Yes our sporting record is quite chequered and we are probably the worst sporting nation in the world. So much the reason to cherish our heroes and feeling proud, no?

good riddance-we will not miss you.I am surprised you even follow our failed cricket team.

preds, are you living in usa or what?? WHOLE AMERICA IS WATCHING THESE GAMES FREE LIVE ON NBCOLYMICS.COM each event, all games are being shown on nbcolympics.com just go to their video section and turn an stream on. WATCH HERE GO TO NBCOLYMPICS.COM
tics yaar, doesnt work in Kanedah:nervous: How I sometimes wish I could make my pc get US residency :D
any video?
Here's one of the medal distribution [noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GT42jMdgZo[/noparse]

Good grief, some people really obsess too much over quite meaningless sporting records. Do you want me to send you links to apply for Australian, Chinese, Russian and American citizenship as well, so you can feel even more respectable and proud of yourself when the Olympics come around?

So basically you are just a brainless opportunist Good for you :finger:

Great effort. Saina beat that Hong Kong girl who's ranked 5th in the world. Saina is 15th? She looked very confident in the match!
She looked the better player and would have won by a bigger margin had she not made some silly unforced errors. Nothing went right for her in the 2nd game and the way she stormed to a 6-0 lead in the final game was very impressive. Quite a turn-around. I think she is really strong on defense but has a bit of trouble closing out the rallies. That might cost her in the quarterfinal against a better opponent.

Doesnt make me proud at all for being born in/citizen of a country like India where the first individual gold medal came 60 years after independence. A nation of sporting lilliputs and competitors who dont understand the meaning of that word even. .
You have a valid but the timing of the post is incorrect. This is like some BAN supporter complaining about how their team has been horrible for the last 20 years right after they had beaten IND in the 07 WC or AUS in 05