Abhinav Bindra WINS GOLD FOR INDIA in the Olympics !

Tapioca

Super achievement this. Pls. let this thread not languish in some arcane corner of ICF! Bring it to cricket forum as a "special occasion". CC1981 - very uncalled for comment - ur point abt sporting deficiency is valid, but wrong time and place.

Doesnt make me proud at all for being born in/citizen of a country like India where the first individual gold medal came 60 years after independence. A nation of sporting lilliputs and competitors who dont understand the meaning of that word even. Sorry, when the olympics come, i'd much rather advertise my Canadian citizenship over my Indian origin..the latter is shame-worthy, the former is atleast more respectable.
Super Lame Comment...Yet Again!! Congrats Abhinav Bindra.. :two_thumbs_up::yay:

CC1981 - very uncalled for comment - ur point abt sporting deficiency is valid
Even then, I have a hard time understanding why people take so much pride out of random sporting achievements, or on the flip side (as in here) feel so embarrassed and shameful just because their country hasn't won that many world cups/gold medals/etc. Doesn't change the enjoyment one gets when playing or watching (unless you're overly obsessed/emotionally attached to teams), and I can't see why people's perceptions of national identity should suddenly change just because they're living in a country that wins plenty of Olympic golds each year as opposed to a place that doesn't.

When they said -- "Ladies and Gentleman please stand for National anthem of INDIA" --- that made me proud for being citizen of a country where Indians like Abhinav Bindra are born :hatsoff: r2qkhk.jpg
seriously i got goosebumps when i saw tht.... simply amazing.... Thanks Abhinav for giving such an emotional n proud moment to every Indian... :hatsoff:

Another Important News Indian Sailing Guy Has Come Third In His First Round Finn Race Today, And In The 2nd Round Of The Race 5, He Came 4th. Now He Has Qualified For The Next Race Of Finn. Which Is To Take Place Soon.
what happened to the sailing guy ??? I cant find any news of him????

:yay::icflove::icflove: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute: :isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute: :yay::yay::yay: :party::party: :dancing2::dancing2::dancing2: :elefant::elefant::elefant: :dancing::dancing::dancing: :bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra: OK, this is simply not enough. I'll go do some REAL somersaults and break my back now.. :cheers: