Contenders for batting spots?

how do you know tiwary wont be good either? based on 1 innings he had after a 22hr journey to australia with hardly any sleep or practice to face brett lee (best bowler today) ... only to be undone by a ripping yorker
talk to me once he is selected to play for India again.
With the our legends of the batting line up due to be replaced in years ahead. Who will be the replacemnets? A place may well even come up for auusie series. To me the big contenders are Badrinath Yuvraj Raina Sharma Uthappa Roa Jaffer Kohli Any others who are in the frame for a call up?
y no dhawan:mad::mad::mad: dhawan is better than all the players u have listed dhawan should immediately be added into the test & odi teams

The problem with the 'Flab Four' is that none of 'em perform poorly enough, for long enough to warrant a drop from the team. When the third test began, the guy whose place was at most risk was Dravd, but he top-scored in the 2nd innings. Next in line is Ganguly, followed by VVS. I dare not even include Sachin in this list because he is simply beyond the normal benchmarks of selection issues. He will decided when he wants himself to be dropped, a.k.a the day he decides to retire. If ANY selection committee has the courageous enough, or foolish enough ( whichever way you want to look at it), then the Lord be with them! :D The good thing though, amidst all the depressing news, bar Ganguly, all the others are what we call 'pucca' professionals, the eternal team-men. As with any cricketer, he is the first one to know if he still capable of contributing to the team's success and the moment any one Sach,RD, VVS or Kumble come to a realization that they cant contribute to our success anymore, they will step aside with dignity. Dont expect Ganguly to do the same though. He will hang in there till someone actually kicks him out. He wont stop at that though, going to the media trying to win back his place through news channels and papers, rather than prove his credentials on the ground.

The problem with the 'Flab Four' is that none of 'em perform poorly enough, for long enough to warrant a drop from the team. When the third test began, the guy whose place was at most risk was Dravd, but he top-scored in the 2nd innings. Next in line is Ganguly, followed by VVS. I dare not even include Sachin in this list because he is simply beyond the normal benchmarks of selection issues. He will decided when he wants himself to be dropped, a.k.a the day he decides to retire. If ANY selection committee has the courageous enough, or foolish enough ( whichever way you want to look at it), then the Lord be with them! :D The good thing though, amidst all the depressing news, bar Ganguly, all the others are what we call 'pucca' professionals, the eternal team-men. As with any cricketer, he is the first one to know if he still capable of contributing to the team's success and the moment any one Sach,RD, VVS or Kumble come to a realization that they cant contribute to our success anymore, they will step aside with dignity. Dont expect Ganguly to do the same though. He will hang in there till someone actually kicks him out. He wont stop at that though, going to the media trying to win back his place through news channels and papers, rather than prove his credentials on the ground.
That is SELECTOR's FAULT. They keep playing them, and invariably, those flabbys score a fifty here and there, and hence hang on for dear life. That is why I predict they will play for 50 years. If Dravid is averaging 33 for last 2 years, why hasn't the eternal team man in him made him to retire ? I mean, surely, we have lots people who can average that much in tests, right ?

Just look at yuvi in oz. Most thought that was the tour which would propel him in to test cricket for a decade, then he batted like a donought. I hope we dont lement the passing of the fab four always looking back and saying how great things were when they were around. I hope the youngsters grab any chances they have by the balls.

Do you think any of these replacements will be able to perform as well or better than the people they are replacing? That is, are Rohit and Yuvraj ready to come into the test team and average 40+ right away? Though our oldies are in decline I am not yet convinced that their replacements wil do any better
Thats not the way to go about it. It is already too late, and if we don't start giving the youngsters chances RIGHT NOW, it is only going to hurt us more later. Flab 4 should be rotated beginning with Aus series. P.S.: Dravid is averaging 33 anyways. Plenty of people can do that. Even, behold, Yuvi has that average...OMGWTFBBQ.