Englishman needs advice please

DavidUK

Hello all, I am visiting India for the 2nd and 3rd tests v Australia at Mohali and Delhi. Could anyone please advise me the best way to go about obtaining tickets for these test matches. Many thanks
David, Though a test match with the Aussies will be well received, tickets for the weekdays are unlikely to sell out. Both the test matches that you intend to attend start on weekdays. So, you can show up at the stadium counters on the first day of the game (or earlier if you already happen to be in town) and buy tickets for all five days. Enjoy your trip & the cricket! .....& I hope our boys are able to give the convicts some grief!
Hello all, I am visiting India for the 2nd and 3rd tests v Australia at Mohali and Delhi. Could anyone please advise me the best way to go about obtaining tickets for these test matches. Many thanks
If you want to buy them in advance, contact the local banks as they are the ones who usually sell them. In Delhi, it's usually Bank of Baroda or the State Bank of India which sell to the mass public. I could be wrong about the banks, because the last time i watched a live cricket match in Delhi was way back in '02. But i am pretty sure those two are the ones who usually hold tickets. You should know that not all the bank branches have them, only the main ones do. The best thing to do would be to contact the DDCA and ask them which bank they are selling the tickets through. Good luck
David, Though a test match with the Aussies will be well received, tickets for the weekdays are unlikely to sell out. Both the test matches that you intend to attend start on weekdays. So, you can show up at the stadium counters on the first day of the game (or earlier if you already happen to be in town) and buy tickets for all five days. Enjoy your trip & the cricket! .....& I hope our boys are able to give the convicts some grief!
I have heard from some of the Barmy Army boys that trying to purchase tickets at the stadium counters on match day itself can be a little 'chaotic'!! It also goes without saying that I shall be supporting India against our hated enemies the cheating Aussies!!
I have heard from some of the Barmy Army boys that trying to purchase tickets at the stadium counters on match day itself can be a little 'chaotic'!! It also goes without saying that I shall be supporting India against our hated enemies the cheating Aussies!!
You are probably right. I think for Mohali match at least, there should be announcements for tickets in the local newspapers. IIRC, the tickets were available at certain banks, and also some popular shops in Chandigarh. One of the popular local newspaper is The Tribune, at www.tribuneindia.com . You can keep checking the Chandigarh section there, might of some help. :nervous: It is sad really that we don't have a online ticket system set up by BCCI.
you didnt think it was funny??.:(( official answer-the tickets wont be sold out-you can get them @ the stadium on game day.
yes it was funny...whats more funnier?, the crap that goes on near cowboys stadium... hope u know what i am talking about and not paying 100+ for good tickets :hahaha:

what the hell, why is there no online ticketing system....this is 21st century and you have to go banks and shops to buy tickets?? and China is hosting Olympics... BCCI....where are all the IPL money going? in your swiss accts? no official website for BCCI....they made one for IPL...with a billion ads on it....

yes it was funny...whats more funnier?' date=' the crap that goes on near cowboys stadium... hope u know what i am talking about and not paying 100+ for good tickets :hahaha:[/quote'] you mean texas stadium?.there are always people selling "black"tickets over there but I buy my tickets online and have yet to pay more than 120 for a ticket but that will change in the new stadium.