How many of you are 'actionless'?

flamy

Just got back to playing again. :yay: I love to bowl more as we play in a garage and the batting is cramped, just have to play straight. That's fun too, though, but hurts when I can't just pull or cut a ball. Bowling is more satisfying. And I'm better than Mendis. :giggle: I bowl with six different actions in one over and six more different actions in the next over. I never have had a definite action. I basically imitate most fast bowlers. For spin, Warne's action is easy-peasy, nowadays I'm doing Mendis, and I can bowl off and leg spin and top spin with Mendis action. :cool: Also, a Mark-Waughish, Pat Symcockish action works for spin too. Sometimes, a special hybrid of Kumble and Afridi. For pace, I feel Mohanty's action gets me excellent inswinging yorkers (with Tennis ball). Also, I use a right-handed version of some NZ left arm bowler, very easy action for line and length. Waqar's action almost invariably gets me excellent toe-crushers. Srinath's action is good for pace and bounce and Prasad is great for bowling in the channel. With Malinga, I just chuck :(( Murali's action just has me pitching the ball twice, Bhajji has me bowling wides. Munaf is good for pace and accuracy. Can't do Brett Lee... :broken_heart: But if all goes to hell and I need to bowl a tight over, it is back to Mohanty. :hatsoff:

Although i am a medium pacer, at one time, I could do: Srinath,Prasad,Warne,Saqlain, Mushtaq Ahmed (not too much control), Bhajji, Lee,Kumble and Murali. And MsGrath too. I actually perfected Murali's action for a while for fun. But for last 3 years, I have been mostly bowling with a Brett Lee style though I struugle sometimes to get bouncers right with that.

I bowl with six different actions in one over and six more different actions in the next over. I never have had a definite action. I basically imitate most fast bowlers.
Reminds me of my younger days in India where I would wet the rubber ball and bowl for hours hitting against the chalk drawn wickets on the wall. I would rotate the 9 test or 7 cricket nations that I knew back then and see who won.:D I developed an action that came naturally to me. But over the years, I tried to imitate quite a few of the bowlers like Brett Lee, Waqar, Shoaib Akhtar ( the earlier version of his action which looked more like a Waqar one like when he bowled Dravid and Tendulkar on consecutive deliveries), and Agarkar. What I saw was that I had become a little confused over my natural action. But these days, I can bowl with almost any action and keep my natural action which is somewhat similar to Waqar's without that much pace ofcourse.
For pace, I feel Mohanty's action gets me excellent inswinging yorkers (with Tennis ball).
Try taping half of the ball, and you should get some (reverse) swing. Really a wonderful experience and you should get banana swing like that of Pathan's :D

Now, a batting pitch will not be easy for us. Our batsmen have a Mendis phobia. Does not matter what surface they are playing one, they simply don't know which way the ball will turn. We won the last match because our bowling was good. Lanka is just making sure that our bowling does not work this time. They are confident that their bowling will work.

Now' date=' a batting pitch will not be easy for us. Our batsmen have a Mendis phobia. Does not matter what surface they are playing one, they simply don't know which way the ball will turn. We won the last match because our bowling was good. Lanka is just making sure that our bowling does not work this time. They are confident that their bowling will work.[/quote'] yep..so true.
Now' date=' a batting pitch will not be easy for us. Our batsmen have a Mendis phobia. Does not matter what surface they are playing one, they simply don't know which way the ball will turn. We won the last match because our bowling was good. Lanka is just making sure that our bowling does not work this time. They are confident that their bowling will work.[/quote'] what the...? stop haxxoring my thread! :viking:
Guest Hiten.
I bowl with six different actions in one over and six more different actions in the next over. I never have had a definite action. I basically imitate most fast bowlers. For spin, Warne's action is easy-peasy, nowadays I'm doing Mendis, and I can bowl off and leg spin and top spin with Mendis action. :cool:
WOW. I thought I was the only dumbass who did not have any definite action. I too tend to imitate most of the fast bowlers' action. For the past 1 year I have stuck with Agarkar-kinda action (Sorry Salil :--D). Moreover, I can spin the ball like warne and even throw some flippers in midst of miles of leg spinning :finger:
Try taping half of the ball, and you should get some (reverse) swing. Really a wonderful experience and you should get banana swing like that of Pathan's :D
Explain !!! I wud love those Bananas And speakin of actions....my action is similar to Sreesanth , though Sree was nowhere in the scene when I started to use the action...for spin I love Vettori's action.:dance:
:hmmmm::woah:
Obviously, you need to be a Mumbaikar to know that underarm boxtype cricket played with soft-ball tennis/rubber ball is more satisfying than actual puritanic cricket :giggle: cricket lovers of Mumbai have utilized space restrictions to their advantage...:--D Nothing can stop Mumbaikars from playing cricket, not even space constrain:two_thumbs_up:
Obviously, you need to be a Mumbaikar to know that underarm boxtype cricket played with soft-ball tennis/rubber ball is more satisfying than actual puritanic cricket :giggle: cricket lovers of Mumbai have utilized space restrictions to their advantage...:--D Nothing can stop Mumbaikars from playing cricket, not even space constrain:two_thumbs_up:
will underarm boxtype cricket replace T20 in the future? it does fit in Olympic than T20 :nervous: