Indian Domestic cricket 08-09 : Md Nissar Trophy

Chandan

Quite far. All the bombs were in market areas whereas we live in residential areas. Only those people would have been affected who are out shopping on weekends. My Mom was to go to Gaffar market for a few things but changed mind after lunch and decided to rest instead. All of us were heaving a sigh of relief in the evening even when the terrible pictures on the news channels were ripping our hearts. This is the human nature I suppose. I felt guilty for feeling a bit relieved in the beginning.
glad that you guys are ok.

Delhi have been Dismissed for 134 runs while SNGPL is 47/1 in 10 overs. That only wicket was taken by Nehra. Very disappointed to see Ishant being hammered for 22 runs in 5 overs wsithout any wicket. I wonder how Delhi were dismissed. Did they throw their wickets away or Pak Champ bowlers bowled well?

Delhi have been Dismissed for 134 runs while SNGPL is 47/1 in 10 overs. That only wicket was taken by Nehra. Very disappointed to see Ishant being hammered for 22 runs in 5 overs wsithout any wicket. I wonder how Delhi were dismissed. Did they throw their wickets away or Pak Champ bowlers bowled well?
Wow. That was unexpected.
Looks like Imran Ali took a hat-trick

What kind of a pitch at Kotla is at the moment ? 16 wickets have fallen on day one in which one seamer has secured a hattrick, apparently. Delhi was disappointing in the sense that Ishant couldn't pick up a single wicket, which means he is not 100% in his groove after coming back from injury. Sehwag typically got out for duck and Gambhir didn't play inexplicably especiaaky after Dhawan was ruled out due to injury. Chopra disappointed as well. Sui Gas has taken the first inning's lead and Delhi will have to go for outright victory if they don't want to be the first Ranji champs to have lost Md Nissar trophy. But for that they'll have to bat much much better in the second inning and their bowlers will have to get into groove quickly as well.

sadly sui ngp has taken the lead, which means, if there is draw, then they will be awarded the victory. though still 3 days left in this game, so you can't rule out the result, but with rain also around you never know. chandan, how often is it raining these days in Delhi????
It hardly rained at all since days. Today there was a brief thunder-shower for 15 minutes. I think the weather should be dry from now on.
What kind of a pitch at Kotla is at the moment ? 16 wickets have fallen on day one in which one seamer has secured a hattrick' date=' apparently. .[/quote'] The usual underprepared Kotla wicket. How else can you explain the capitulation of a Delhi side which is almost at full strength. They will probably win it though, they are too good not to. AGENT NEHRA will get the job done for us.

Delhi v SNGPL, Mohammad Nissar Trophy, 1st day Imran Ali hat-trick gives SNGPL the edge Cricinfo staff September 15, 2008 Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited 143 for 6 (Umar 58, Nehra 3-36) lead Delhi 134 (Kohli 52, Manhas 49, Imran 6-52, Asad 3-32) by nine runs Scorecard On a day when 16 wickets tumbled, the honours rested with Imran Ali, Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited's (SNGPL) right-arm seamer, who took his second hat-trick in successive matches for his side to sink a star-studded Delhi to 134 under overcast conditions at the Feroz Shah Kotla. Imran finished with 6 for 52 , claiming the wickets of Puneet Bisht, Chetanya Nanda and Pradeep Sangwan to attain his feat, spread over two overs. However, SNGPL were in for a rude shock of their own as their top order too crumbled and ended with a slender advantage of nine runs with four wickets in hand. 16_09_2008_021_013_001.jpgThe newly-laid surface at the Kotla was expected to assist the seamers on the opening day, but curiously enough, the Delhi captain Virender Sehwag opted to bat. It was a decision he would regret straightaway as he chopped one onto his stumps off Imran in the second over of the morning. His opening partner Aakash Chopra, the leading run-scorer in the previous Ranji season, started off the new campaign inauspiciously, fetching an away swinger off Asad Ali. With the openers back in the pavilion, Delhi were rescued by Virat Kohli and Mithun Manhas. The pair didn't seem intimidated by the early swing as they counter-attacked for around 40 minutes, once the conditions for batting eased out. Manhas was the more aggressive of the two, slamming nine fours in his 49. However, the introduction of spin got SNGPL the breakthrough as Manhas offered a return catch to Imran Khalid, the left-arm spinner. Rain forced the players off the field, and the overcast conditions played into SNGPL's hands as Imran ran through the middle order. Asad Ali started the slide after the interruption, dismissing Rajat Bhatia for 1, before handing over to Imran. Four wickets fell for the addition of no runs as the middle order looked clueless against Imran's swing and accuracy. Imran struck in the first ball of the 31st over, getting Mayank Tehlan to edge to Adnan Akmal, before striking again in the last ball of that over. Bisht was trapped lbw to one that pitched on a length and cut back in sharply and in the following over, Nanda and Sangwan followed suit. Nanda was bowled by one that went straight through and Sangwan was trapped in front off a slower delivery. Imran had incidentally taken a hat-trick in SNGPL's victory in the ABN AMRO Cup limited-overs tournament earlier this year. The Delhi batting card had a sorry look to it, littered with five ducks and only two double-digit scores. The Delhi seamers couldn't extract the same bounce as their opponents, with the exception of Ashish Nehra. SNGPL lost Yasir Arafat early, but a dropped catch by Ishant Sharma off Nehra gave Umar Akmal a life and he capitalised with a half-century. Hafeez and Akmal took control with a stand of 49, before a steady fall of wickets helped Delhi claw back. Both Umar and Misbah-ul-Haq were bowled by Nanda in similar fashion, playing back to deliveries that straightened. Adnan was trapped leg before by Nehra just before stumps to leave the game more evenly-poised.

*Gulp* Isnt the first test between Aus-Ind at Kotla? That too in October? If anything the ball will seam around even more then. Are we upto to our usual 'shoot-yourself-in-the-foot' tactics, where we somehow manage to lose the first test of a series without fail and have a mountain to climb from then. I sincerely hope the Aussies dont turn up at the Ferozshah Kotla 2 days before the match and find a nice seamer friendly pitch gift-wrapped with helium baloons floating around it, with a signpost reading 'We know this is just what you want'. There's term that has been used to describe our traditional strength at home. Its spelt at S-P-I-N. And I want to see more of that.

I used the conditions to my advantage: Imran Sep 15th, 2008 | By Sindh Today | Category: India New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) Pakistan national champions Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited’s (SNGPL) fast bowler Imran Ali said the overcast sky helped him swung the ball and claim a hat trick against Ranji Trophy champions Delhi on the opening day of the Mohammed Nissar Trophy here Monday. Imran picked up six for 52 including the hat trick - his second in recent months - to bowl out Delhi for a paltry 134 in the first innings. At the close of play, SNGPL were struggling at 143 for six at the Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium. ‘It was my first match in Delhi and India. The pitch was a batsman’s paradise but I bowled well on the surface. We lost a little initiative at the end of the day but that is part of the game. Rain interruption and the weather did help me out to maintain a good line and length,’ Imran, who sees an idol in Wasim Akran, told reporters after the match. With fellow pacer Asad Ali, Imran formed a potent attack for the Pakistan team, who are the winners of the Quaid-e-Azam trophy back home. ‘Asad Ali has formed a good partnership with me and we joined hand to lead our team to the Quaid-e-Azam trophy. Wasim bhai is my idol, he has helped me out in my formative years and I have also had the fortune of playing with him,’ he added. Delhi’s Virat Kohli also said that the wicket helped the bowlers and hoped that it will improve in the coming days.. ‘It’s good that we haven’t given them a big lead. Chances are good if we bat well the second time around. They have good bowlers and good team, Imran bowled really well, moved it both ways and maintained the shine of the ball in the innings,’ he said. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Never heard of 16 wickets falling in a day on a batsman's paradise!! :roll: