Afridi-Laxman tiff: War of words heats up

Kartikey

With Symonds attitude towards serious cricket in big doubt now, and this spat between Laksman - Afridi, not sure how can Chargers come back good next season :nervous: I see some other teams are doing great things in off season to search for new talent, is there any news on all IPL teams on what they are doing for preparing for next season ?
If Symonds doesn't play for Australia, which is highly unlikely, he will still play for Deccan Chargers
20/20 was made for Afridi...
At the end, it's performance that matters the most. Misbah who only had 6, but mostly four against Australia in WC T20. If Laxman makes 50 runs in 35 balls, then his performance can't be neglected either. He is a good batman and i believe he will come good in next IPL season. As someone said, only 2 overs game made for Afridi, but not T20.
At the end, it's performance that matters the most. Misbah who only had 6, but mostly four against Australia in WC T20. If Laxman makes 50 runs in 35 balls, then his performance can't be neglected either. He is a good batman and i believe he will come good in next IPL season. As someone said, only 2 overs game made for Afridi, but not T20.
Nothing wrong with Laxmans performance in the IPL, theres no need to criticize him. He will definitely come better next year especially since everyone keeps fueling the fire. Afridi with the potential he didnt do jack shiit with the bat.
I think Afridi may be correct in saying Gilchrist would be a better captain...... Laxman is a great batsman no doubt but only for Test format.....he doesn't deserve to be in any ODI let alone 20/20
Really i dont believe in ur concept that Laxman isnt a t20 player. As an opener Laxman can be great in t20 because he a great solid stroke maker you dont have to be lofter in any form of the game boundaries are as good and thats what laxman can bring his timing and placement are valuable to any form of the game. You need an anchor in any form of the game and thats what Laxman can do

I personally think Laxman is actually too good a batsman for IPL ... It seems like such a cheapened version of cricket, and its frustrating seeing guys like Laxman play this "cheap thrill" form of the game, when you can see in Tests (i.e. real cricket) how talented he is. But Afridi needs to look at his own performance before criticising Laxman. Afridi, and Gibbs (2 high paid stars) both struggled.

I personally think Laxman is actually too good a batsman for IPL ... It seems like such a cheapened version of cricket, and its frustrating seeing guys like Laxman play this "cheap thrill" form of the game, when you can see in Tests (i.e. real cricket) how talented he is. But Afridi needs to look at his own performance before criticising Laxman. Afridi, and Gibbs (2 high paid stars) both struggled.
Very well put. Laxman was never greedy with the money, and who in the world wouldnt want to see such a glorious player. As an opener Laxman is great because Gilly will be on the other side playing his natural game while Laxman can score those 35 ball fifties which are indeed very valuable. This afridi guy is a useless player he plays with no brains or responsibility even a tailender can bat better than him.
Guest dada_rocks

These parasites from across the border are bringing paindoo culture of putting each other donw to IPL.. Somoene tell retard it might be oke to shoot off one's mouth like this in pakistan but we indians do things differently....... It's nto just him it;s their whole culture sometime back another paindoo from lollywood some meera or neera came to bollywood and true to her paindoo lollywood character started abusing Aishwarya rai in public.. in lollywood everyone does that abusing each other in public is oke there.. now we have this retard paindoo....

These parasites from across the border are bringing paindoo culture of putting each other donw to IPL.. Somoene tell retard it might be oke to shoot off one's mouth like this in pakistan but we indians do things differently....... It's nto just him it;s their whole culture sometime back another paindoo from lollywood some meera or neera came to bollywood and true to her paindoo lollywood character started abusing Aishwarya rai in public.. in lollywood everyone does that abusing each other in public is oke there.. now we have this retard paindoo....
oh, is that true? In India i guess you guys slap each other :hysterical::hysterical:
Guest dada_rocks
This no show retard with an egg for a brain thinks all teams are like Pakistani teams where he can say what he wants.:hysterical: This moron should be made the towel boy for the bench sitters for the next two IPL seasons.
Shameless git would not mind that, after all he is just after money:--D
This no show retard with an egg for a brain thinks all teams are like Pakistani teams where he can say what he wants.:hysterical: This moron should be made the towel boy for the bench sitters for the next two IPL seasons.
A towel boy would find this insulting. At least he does not throw his team into danger for the sake of one lofted shot. Afridi does. You give Afridi choices between his team's victory and one shot that goes high up in the air to be caught and he will opt for the second one for the sheer thrill of the noise the public would make for the split second when the ball is airborne before they realize that its destined to be caught. Then he would get back and arrange a press conference to point out hos bad his captain is- just to get his face on the tv for the Pakistani ladies.

Deccan Chargers to probe Afridi-Laxman spat The Deccan Chargers administration has taken a serious note of the Shahid Afridi and VVS Laxman's verbal public spat. More... Deccan Chargers to probe Afridi-Laxman spat Agencies Posted online: Saturday , September 06, 2008 at 1739 hrs IST Hyderabad, September 6: : Taking a serious note of the verbal spat between IPL teammates Shahid Afridi and VVS Laxman, Deccan Chargers said on Saturday that they will enquire into the matter to establish the facts. Tim Wright, Chief Executive of Deccan Chargers said in a statement that necessary action will be taken after the inquiry. "In the interest of fairness and of thoroughness both players have been advised of this process and have been invited to contribute to the inquiry. "When we have established the facts we will take whatever action we consider necessary and appropriate in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Premier League contracts between the players and Deccan Chargers," Wright said in the statement. Afridi, the flamboyant Pakistani all-rounder had questioned Laxman's leadership qualities and said that Australian Adam Gilchrist was a better choice to lead Chargers in the second edition of the Twenty20 tournament. Laxman, the wristy Hyderabadi, in retaliation had said that Afridi lacked team ethics.