Hypocrisy at its best...Ponting looking forward to playing in India

inzibhai

Hard it may sound MP and Ucilite but there is fair bit of truth in what DSR mentioned. I've read a lot of autobiographies and not many are forthcoming with regards to their visit to Pakistan. They often say there's not much to do in Pakistan both for it being a very religious society and the way of life is far too different. They also complain of lack of places of interest. Almost every book mentions India and Sri Lanka in a different tone. I'm reading "Being Freddi" over the last few days and Freddi has mentioned Zimbabwe tours were more pleasing to him even when it rained through out the tour rather than a visit to Pakistan. He mentions Pakistan officials did their best to help the poms out but despite all that there was no chance they could feel happy playing cricket in Paksitan. So much so that Harmison playing for under 19s team left the team within 10 days of visiting Pakistan. It seems the team pleaded for him to stay back and Freddi the then captain of Under 19 tried his best to convince Harmison to stay back but he didn't wanted to continue on the tour. Imagine a upcoming player playing for U19 cannot be convinced to stay back in Pakistan, how are you going to convince an established player that makes enough money and plays the sport only to achieve certain targets? India was once perceived like this by the likes of Aussie, Poms and Kiwi players but of late these guys want to visit India so dearly one of the Aussie players (I think L Ronchi) wanted to be part of IPL even if he wasn't paid a cent.

BCCI has got the money so everybody will come to India and BCCI will also assure that the players will be given super security. It also helps that BCCI is the superpower of cricket. Also, India has a good name in the media as well. On the other hand, Pakistan is perceived quite negatively in the media and the recent events there did no favor to Pakistan's reputation either. As for the players not liking Pakistan, it may have to do with the fact that the security is so strict that the players probably feel imprisoned but that's the cost of safety my friend. You cant have both of both worlds. One hand you ask for the safety, and when you're given that extra security, you feel imprisoned.

Hard it may sound MP and Ucilite but there is fair bit of truth in what DSR mentioned. I've read a lot of autobiographies and not many are forthcoming with regards to their visit to Pakistan. They often say there's not much to do in Pakistan both for it being a very religious society and the way of life is far too different. They also complain of lack of places of interest. Almost every book mentions India and Sri Lanka in a different tone. I'm reading "Being Freddi" over the last few days and Freddi has mentioned Zimbabwe tours were more pleasing to him even when it rained through out the tour rather than a visit to Pakistan. He mentions Pakistan officials did their best to help the poms out but despite all that there was no chance they could feel happy playing cricket in Paksitan. So much so that Harmison playing for under 19s team left the team within 10 days of visiting Pakistan. It seems the team pleaded for him to stay back and Freddi the then captain of Under 19 tried his best to convince Harmison to stay back but he didn't wanted to continue on the tour. .
I can fully understand that English players and their boards demand almost president level security and all they can do is watch movies and stay in the hotel.Their countrymen(barmy army) how ever don't have to worry about the tight security and are able to go around in the big cities like Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad etc and are able to enjoy themselves. Purely in terms of geographical diversity there aren't too many more impressive countries than Pakistan. From the beaches of southern sind(french beach is quite famous) you can travel to the thar desert in eartern sind/southern punjab to nanga parbat and K2 in the north. Its quite amazing that such a small country(relatively speaking) can have such diversity.
I can fully understand that English players and their boards demand almost president level security and all they can do is watch movies and stay in the hotel.Their countrymen(barmy army) how ever don't have to worry about the tight security and are able to go around in the big cities like Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad etc and are able to enjoy themselves. Purely in terms of geographical diversity there aren't too many more impressive countries than Pakistan. From the beaches of southern sind(french beach is quite famous) you can travel to the thar desert in eartern sind/southern punjab to nanga parbat and K2 in the north. Its quite amazing that such a small country(relatively speaking) can have such diversity.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:Comedy post of the century:hysterical: What is there for the barmy army to enjoy themselves? Pak is a miserable place for paks let alone tourists! Geographical diversity:hysterical:Like that is going to get people going to pak land apart from Arun Lal. Here you go defending the indefensible once again! Pak is a miserable place to visit for tourists and players. No one wants to go there or will go there. You are flogging a dead horse. Just admit it no one likes going to pakistan. Or are you going to continue spouting how everyone loves going to pakistan, including the barmy army as apparently you feel they love it in pak land:haha:

dsr please read this http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_/ai_n15841775

Inside the Holiday Inn, it is a different scene. This is where you will find the Permit Room, the only place in Multan where you can buy a drink and take it to your room away from the public gaze " if you fill in a form attesting that you are not a Muslim. But first you have to get there, and that is not easy. All the roads to the hotel have been blocked off by police as part of the extraordinary security for the England team. Inside the lobby, a woman commando patrols in black combat fatigues and matching headscarf.
What movies do you give them to watch? I hope not pirated Bollywood movies branded 'sadaf vodeos'.:D Your tourism needs a real good branding campaign before anyone takes that seriously. I dont doubt that there are naturally beautiful places in Pakistan, but how many tourists would feel safe there is the question. Pakistan tourism industry will stay shut for sometime to come.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:Comedy post of the century:hysterical: What is there for the barmy army to enjoy themselves? Pak is a miserable place for paks let alone tourists! Geographical diversity:hysterical:Like that is going to get people going to pak land apart from Arun Lal. Here you go defending the indefensible once again! Pak is a miserable place to visit for tourists and players. No one wants to go there or will go there. You are flogging a dead horse. Just admit it no one likes going to pakistan. Or are you going to continue spouting how everyone loves going to pakistan, including the barmy army as apparently you feel they love it in pak land:haha:
I gave you donation yesterday...now look for some one else and try to it share it with your buddy predator(he seems quite hungry too)
What movies do you give them to watch? I hope not pirated Bollywood movies branded 'sadaf vodeos'.:D Your tourism needs a real good branding campaign before anyone takes that seriously. I dont doubt that there are naturally beautiful places in Pakistan, but how many tourists would feel safe there is the question. Pakistan tourism industry will stay shut for sometime to come.
there is no denying that things have slowed down since 2004-05 but this hasn't always been the case(as Ravi seemingly thinks so).
there is no denying that things have slowed down since 2004-05 but this hasn't always been the case(as Ravi seemingly thinks so).
Slowed down!!! It never had any pace in the first place! No one ever wanted to go there initially. Aussies have not toured there for 10 years. They just dont like it there for 101 reasons. You paks crack me up. Spend all your time slaughtering the west, criticicsing them, launching jehads against them. Then pretend that peole from the west love pakistan or criticise the west for not wanting to go anywere near pakistan! Let me tell you something MP. THIS IS A FACT. People are scared of pakistanis and are very scared to go there! And even if by some miracle they are not scared they dont want to go there cos its vey boring and restrictive. People go holiday to have FUN, you aint going to have fun as a westerner in pak land!
Ravi does not think that out of nothing. He has read biographies in which players have stated that Pakistan is not a very interesting place to be in. Thats based on opinions of people visiting your country. Its a low for Pakistan and you have to accept it MP. Bad it may sound, but its the truth. Players and tourists dont want to be there. I have seen your forums and everyone seems to be cursing whites and Indians(god knows for what reason) for the situation. What you need is an introspection and find the problems within and find a solution.
Slowed down!!! It never had any pace in the first place! No one ever wanted to go there initially. Aussies have not toured there for 10 years. They just dont like it there for 101 reasons. You paks crack me up. Spend all your time slaughtering the west, criticicsing them, launching jehads against them. Then pretend that peole from the west love pakistan or criticise the west for not wanting to go anywere near pakistan! Let me tell you something MP. THIS IS A FACT. People are scared of pakistanis and are very scared to go there! And even if by some miracle they are not scared they dont want to go there cos its vey boring and restrictive. People go holiday to have FUN, you aint going to have fun as a westerner in pak land!
I knew it wouldn't be long before this guy would launch into another stupid tirade. I completely agree that Pakistan isn't a desireable place to visit for foreigners due to the many reasons already stated here but really, what need is there to pigeon hole and stereotype an entire population of people as fanatic war mongering jihadists?
I knew it wouldn't be long before this guy would launch into another stupid tirade. I completely agree that Pakistan isn't a desireable place to visit for foreigners due to the many reasons already stated here but really, what need is there to pigeon hole and stereotype an entire population of people as fanatic war mongering jihadists?
Are mods going to take action against the constant abusse from Fontaine to me? I got banned for A LOT LESS! Or is this guy a teachers pet?
Never said they were all jihadis. But there has been a lot of jihadi action by pakistanis against the west, in particular the Uk. Thus this sterotype you accuse me of is the impression that people from the west have of pakistan. Hence no one likes pakistan or wants to go there!
Never said they were all jihadis. But there has been a lot of jihadi action by pakistanis against the west' date=' in particular the Uk. Thus this sterotype you accuse me of is the impression that people from the west have of pakistan. Hence no one likes pakistan or wants to go there![/quote'] Yeah I thought you might back down from your previous rhetoric.
Are mods going to take action against the constant abusse from Fontaine to me? I got banned for A LOT LESS! Or is this guy a teachers pet?
Dude I'm not abusing you. I agreed with the part where you said Pakistan isn't a popular place for foreigners but like you just said it's dumb and stupid to stereotype an entire nation of people and that's what I disagreed with.

No teachers pet. It was not rhetoric. Many paks are either involved in jehad or morally support it. I never said all paks you decided to infer that. Your support of pakistanis is endearing and I am sure they appreciate that! No doubt you have your holidays booked for Islamabad. Why dont you pop in to the north west frontier as well, apparently the most popular new name there for babies is Osama, I am surew you would love it there!