The Aussie Bowling attack for the coming series

Feed

John Buchanan feels that Brett Lee would prove to be the 'trump card' for the visitors in their forthcoming series. More... Lee would be the trump card for Australia: Buchanan Agencies Posted online: Friday , September 05, 2008 at 1553 hrs IST Kolkata, September 5:: Australian spearhead Brett Lee might be playing his first Test on the Indian soil but his former coach John Buchanan feels the speedster would prove to be the ?trump card? for the visitors in their forthcoming series beginning early October. Terming the four-Test series as exciting and tough, the two-time World Cup winning coach said, "It's going to be a very tough series... like any India-Australia series. We'll see a tight contest. We expect to see some good bowling from both the teams. But Lee, having known the sub-continent well, we'll have to have an effective bowler on these wickets." The 55-year-old, who is currently the coach of Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders, however, said the top order batsmen have to perform well for their team to do well in their series. "The real crux of the series will be how the top order negotiates the opposition bowlers. That will be crucial in determining the result of the match," Buchanan, who is on a two-day trip to scout for budding talents for their IPL team, told reporters this morning. The Aussie, however, refused to comment on the mystery surrounding Andrew Symonds' availability for the Test series. "I'm too far away to make any comment. However, we would be able to know whether Symonds would play or not," he said. The volatile Australian all-rounder had a stormy relation with both the Indian players and the crowds. Booed and barracked in India, he also figured prominently with Harbhajan Singh in the Sydney racism row last summer. Australia will begin their campaign in India with the first Test in Bangalore from October 9-13.

200/1 in his own country. How will he do on the Indian pitches?
that was long time back mate..Bret is not the bowler that he was..he is much more accurate and much more effective..even in the recent series against us he was the one who looked like picking a wicket everytime the ball was thrown to him..so u cant even compare Bret lee of 2003 and Bret lee of now..he is really the danger for us
it was actually 4/200 ... but in any case ... he's a much better bowler now.
I clearly remember it was 200/1. That too he picked up the last wicket. That too after he had opened his mouth in a series of articles on TOI about how to bowl to the Indian batsmen to take their wickets. I remember because I had enjoyed his next article on TOI titled 200/1 hurts.:D But I have to agree with satishg. Lee of today is very different from Lee of those days. He has matured as a bowler and is much more dangerous. Though he wont be as effective on the Indian pitches, he is someone who can not be taken lightly.

Before a big series or a big match, when a bowler or a coach opens his mouth in the media about the methods he's going to adapt to bowl to indian batsmen or the trump card he's going to use to sketch the indian downfall, the result has been amazing in india's favor... the 2003 world cup was a standing testimony for this... during the league phase, match after match, someone in the opposition camp will open their mouth and they were punished withsuch precision by the indian batsmen. first it was andy caddick, then it was our very own 'clown cousin' shoaib, whose thunderbolts were sent packing to the stands at double the original speed, as SRT and Viru unleashed their deadly upper cuts. Few years later, during the India tour of Englad in 2007, samething happened and the icing on the cake was Taity taking sanyas from cricket after announcing himself as the main weapon during the 2007-08 series downunder. So, the moment a fast bowler or a coach (ex-coach in this case) gives out a war cry... you can be sure that the Indian batting maestroes are siliently preparing a plan for him. And more often, those plans are executed perfectly much to the delight of fans like us. Go on Buchh, Tim, Bret, Johnson... and the rest... Indian batsmen are listening and they will answer you with their bats.

The Aussie Bowling attack for the coming series The Aussie Pace attack Since this attack will have to do all the job in the bowling department to ensure that their team have a shance to win and retain the BG trophy again, then why not discuss them for now. Brett Lee - looks a lot better what he used to be couple of years back. hasn't played a single test in India, yet has played enough in India to understand the conditions. Stuart Clark - he to me looks the real deal. he will be perhaps the trump card of this Aussie bowling attack. opener Gambhir and Sehwag would have to watch and play him with caution. Johnson - well i think he will be handled nicely by our players and Australia/Punter might throw in Bollinger, the debutant in second or third test in the playing 11.

These 3 are very good. We need to target the others, esp the spinners. We should NOT underestimate Johnson. He will be more than a handful. Think of Pathan when he was in form, but much faster. Pathan had more swing, but was much slower, this guy is much faster, and more versatile (can bowl fast, and hence is not reliant on early morning swing.) We all know how dangerous Lee is, but I'd say the second largest thread would be Johnson, no doubt about it. Oh, and Clarke will be more than a handful if we are playing on Mumbai/Kanpur kind of dustbowls. The guy bowls much better than bhajji on pitches like that.

These 3 are very good. We need to target the others' date= esp the spinners. We should NOT underestimate Johnson. He will be more than a handful. Think of Pathan when he was in form, but much faster. Pathan had more swing, but was much slower, this guy is much faster, and more versatile (can bowl fast, and hence is not reliant on early morning swing.) We all know how dangerous Lee is, but I'd say the second largest thread would be Johnson, no doubt about it. Oh, and Clarke will be more than a handful if we are playing on Mumbai/Kanpur kind of dustbowls. The guy bowls much better than bhajji on pitches like that.
johnson is a highly average bowler who should NOT play test cricket for at least 2 years.