Ready to bat at any position, any number: Badrinath

Feed

Right on the cusp of realising his Test cricket dreams, promising batsman S Badrinath says he is ready to bat anywhere More... Ready to bat at any position, any number: Badrinath Agencies Posted: Oct 01, 2008 at 1807 hrs IST Hyderabad, October 1: : Right on the cusp of realising his Test cricket dreams, promising batsman S Badrinath says he is ready to bat anywhere in the batting order and would also show his fielding skills against Australia. "Any position, any number," Badrinath said, when asked what would be his preferred position if he gets picked in the playing XI. "It has been a dream for me and if I make my Test debut against Australia, world's number one team, it just could not get better," a beaming Badrinath said after the net session in Hyderabad on the eve of Board President XI's warm-up match against Australia. Badrinath said the practice match would help him get a fair idea about the Australian side. "The match now becomes even more important for me, because it allows me play against the same Australian players whom I might face again in the Test series," he said. Assessing the Aussies, Badrinath said it would be a challenge to face the Australian attack. "They have a great pace bowling attack but I think their spin department is little weak and inexperienced," he observed. Runs have flowed from Badrinath's blade in domestic cricket and the 28-year-old three-ODI veteran is also one of the most athletic fielders around. "I enjoy fielding and I hope to contribute to the team's cause with both my batting and fielding," said the Tamil Nadu batsman.

first u have to be in the playing 11 Mr.Badrinath..count ur lucky stars that Cheeka is the selector chief otherwise u wudnt have made the squad..anyway i dont see him playing in this series..
u saying he didnt deserve to be in? and got in only cus of cheeka? if so, i shall call u an idiot.:-D
first u have to be in the playing 11 Mr.Badrinath..count ur lucky stars that Cheeka is the selector chief otherwise u wudnt have made the squad..anyway i dont see him playing in this series..
im sick of this attitude... wat the *** u talking abt??? he has worked all this yr hard to b here now.. and how u think hes lucky??? if he was lucky, he wud have been inlcuded long back when he was in prime form instead of yuvraj... stop dsireptuing his credits.. he deserves to b in the Test X1. Period

Of all players knocking on test team door with strong domestic performances, he is the best. Probably Chopra too. But, Chopra has to fight with other two delhiites - Sehwagambhir. for a place in the 11. Rest are either too late (read too old) or too young. Most undeserving was Rohit Sharma. He is very lucky to be in contention with a domestic average like that. This is Rohit's domestic record. First-class 20 29 1 1042 205 37.21 1 6 16 0 I feel like crying, if he thinks he can replace Tendulkar, Dravid or even Laxman. kaif/Yuvraj is much better prospect.

u saying he didnt deserve to be in? and got in only cus of cheeka? if so, i shall call u an idiot.:-D
im not saying that he got in entirely coz of cheeka..yes he has a gud FC record but then he has not proved wen it mattered..i mean wen Kaif got those runs or even in the Irani trophy..if the old selection committee were still in existence im pretty damn sure that Badri wudn have got a look in..look i know this guy has been consistent but i feel somehow that he would not be that successful against top class oppositions..anyway v ll find that out in due time..
im sick of this attitude... wat the *** u talking abt??? he has worked all this yr hard to b here now.. and how u think hes lucky??? if he was lucky, he wud have been inlcuded long back when he was in prime form instead of yuvraj... stop dsireptuing his credits.. he deserves to b in the Test X1. Period
im not dis reputing his credits..yes he must have been selected atleast a year back on the basis of his consistent showing..but Yuvi did well against Pakistan and there was no chance that Badri cud even think of a spot in the MO with Yuvi in full form..but wen he did get that chance he really din lite up the earth or dazzled everyone with his talent..also his showing of late in matches that mattered werent that great..so on that basis i still feel that he is a bit lucky to have got into the squad..maybe the luck that evaded him last year is back now helping him big time..

His call-up is inconsequential since Ganguly has been retained. He won't get in ahead of any of the big 4 unless they drop out with injury or something. India will go with Sehwag, Gambhir up top, Draw-vid at 3, Tendulkar at 4, Ganguly at 5, Laxman at 6 and Dhoni at 7. Same old. No point in discussing all this