Mark my words : Rohit Sharma is the next great batsman

The very minute his name was mentioned along with Tendulkar's his downfall started. He's good but can't be Tendulkar' date=' no chance. Not even Rahul Dravid can be compared to Tendulkar. Rohit Sharma can emulate Rahul Dravid though, he seems a pretty cool customer and keeps a low profile.[/quote'] You know they said the same thing when Gavaskar was nearing his end..but we got a Sachin almost immediately after his exit.true,Tendulkar is no Gavaskar but you can't say he hasn't filled the void either. In the same way..i think these set of youngsters should not be compared with the current indian greats.Instead of trying emulate current batsmen, they should look to be themselves.Afterall each individual is unique.As for Rohit Sharma..i doubt even Tendulkar would have played Lee as weel as he did the first time he faced him!! Thats not to say he is greater than Tendulkar, but he certainly has the talent to be the batting "mainstay".
You know they said the same thing when Gavaskar was nearing his end..but we got a Sachin almost immediately after his exit.true,Tendulkar is no Gavaskar but you can't say he hasn't filled the void either. In the same way..i think these set of youngsters should not be compared with the current indian greats.Instead of trying emulate current batsmen, they should look to be themselves.Afterall each individual is unique.As for Rohit Sharma..i doubt even Tendulkar would have played Lee as weel as he did the first time he faced him!! Thats not to say he is greater than Tendulkar, but he certainly has the talent to be the batting "mainstay".
wen SRT played,lee was an unknown quantity and sachin didnt know his strengths n weaknesses whereas sachin was exposed to the world including brett lee. however wen rohit played lee,rohit was the unknown quantity and lee didnt know his strengths n weakness but rohit knew lee's strengths n weaknesses. i hope u understand the difference
wen SRT played,lee was an unknown quantity and sachin didnt know his strengths n weaknesses whereas sachin was exposed to the world including brett lee. however wen rohit played lee,rohit was the unknown quantity and lee didnt know his strengths n weakness but rohit knew lee's strengths n weaknesses. i hope u understand the difference
Relax mate, i never said Rohit is better than Sachin.We all know thats not true. i was just comparing..more like how Sachin first handled truly express bowler(Waqar) in his career to how Rohit handled Lee.So knowledge of weakness/strength is not a factor.I doubt both would have faced that sort of pace in FC cricket.Anyway i just wanted to prove Rohit is good.If you aren't feeling comfortable about that example..then take the case of Manoj Tiwary,who also face Lee for the first time in that same match and looked totally at sea.
Relax mate' date=' i never said Rohit is better than Sachin.We all know thats not true. i was just comparing..more like how Sachin first handled truly express bowler(Waqar) in his career to how Rohit handled Lee.So knowledge of weakness/strength is not a factor.I doubt both would have faced that sort of pace in FC cricket.Anyway i just wanted to prove Rohit is good.If you aren't feeling comfortable about that example..then take the case of Manoj Tiwary,who also face Lee for the first time in that same match and looked totally at sea.[/quote'] no i understand ur point.i agree that rohit is a special talent.but even in talent alone i dont think hes ahead of tendulkar
Sacin rox' date=' you do know that Sachin took 4-5 years to score his first ODI century,don't you?[/quote'] ya i know that and i also know he averaged much more than what rohit is averaging rite now.see the question i not of his talent.its what he does with his talent.he is unstoppable wen on song but doesnt seem to work hard enuf.today only i saw his interview where he was endorsing reebok.he should be working hard on his game not giving interviews.
ya i know that and i also know he averaged much more than what rohit is averaging rite now.see the question i not of his talent.its what he does with his talent.he is unstoppable wen on song but doesnt seem to work hard enuf.today only i saw his interview where he was endorsing reebok.he should be working hard on his game not giving interviews.
Oh definitely.I don't think you'll find anybody arguing otherwise.Lets hope he overcomes that!!