Mark my words : Rohit Sharma is the next great batsman

I may regret saying this in 5 years time ... but guys ... Mark my words this guy is freakishly talented. Now before people begin ranting ... I am not saying he should be brought into the Test side, and dont worry Im not going to start promoting Rohit4Captaincy or anything drastic like that. I am not talking about his commitment or anything. This is not about selection. This is purely about recognising talent. Rohit Sharma is an out and out freak. Not since Tendulkar have I seen a player who seems to have so much time to play his shots.

I agree with you. But there are still some loose screws in his technique which needs tightening and we saw how good his inning was when he became a bit selective in his shot selection. Still he was beaten by a slower delivery of Lee and there were odd instances of lapse of concentration too. If he gets over these, I'm sure he'll be a very good batsman for India.

He is young and he is no Tendulkar. He will learn with time and will become a great batsman.
Please dont even think about comparing him to Sachin' date=' hez raw, has a long way to go, i hope he goes the Dhoni way and not the Yuvi side[/quote'] Where has Bharat compared him Tendulkar? He just said that Rohit has a lot of time to play his strokes just like a batsman called Tendulkar. Not even once has he mentioned that their abilities are the same!
Where has Bharat compared him Tendulkar? He just said that Rohit has a lot of time to play his strokes just like a batsman called Tendulkar. Not even once has he mentioned that their abilities are the same!
Chandan mate, we all want him to turn out like a Tendulkar, but with Rohit it doesnt seem he is that he isfocussed, i have no doubt in the world that the boy has talent, but he is still young, and by that i mean, At this age with money and age on your side, youngsters tend to loose focus, eg. Yuvraj, however if Rohit sticks to his idol beliefs and works hard and focuses on his game, he is surely on his way to become the next Tendulkar
Please dont even think about comparing him to Sachin' date=' hez raw, has a long way to go, i hope he goes the Dhoni way and not the Yuvi side[/quote']
Where has Bharat compared him Tendulkar? He just said that Rohit has a lot of time to play his strokes just like a batsman called Tendulkar. Not even once has he mentioned that their abilities are the same!
You misunderstand me. I didnt say that Bharat was comparing him to Tendulkar neither was I trying to compare him to Tendulkar. What I meant by "he is young and he is no Tendulkar" is, unlike Tendulkar who was exceptionally good at a very young age, its only natural for Rohit to have some weaknesses at this age which he will over come as he learns on the way.
Please dont even think about comparing him to Sachin' date=' hez raw, has a long way to go, i hope he goes the Dhoni way and [b']not the Yuvi side
wat u mean yuvi side? yuvi won us da t20 world cup n many more matches on his own n just bcoz hes in bad form, u cant bash him like dat. n wat has dhoni done to be called a gr8 .rememeber how he performed in da ODI world cup.he is highly overrated.he uses his captaincy to suit him,comes at 5 n 6 against strong teams n promotes himself against minnows or wen da victory is in sight n becomes a hero.he even backed out from tests against sl. that isnt a sugn of gr8ness.
He is the most overhyped cricketer .. he is good but not as good as Raina or Gambhir.. some of you guys just make opinions on some random comments from commentators... players like S.Dhawan' date=' Y.Pathan deserves more chance in ODIs that Sharma...[/quote'] well said. shikhar dhawan should replace rohit sharma immediately in the odi team
wat u mean yuvi side? yuvi won us da t20 world cup n many more matches on his own n just bcoz hes in bad form, u cant bash him like dat. n wat has dhoni done to be called a gr8 .rememeber how he performed in da ODI world cup.he is highly overrated.he uses his captaincy to suit him,comes at 5 n 6 against strong teams n promotes himself against minnows or wen da victory is in sight n becomes a hero.he even backed out from tests against sl. that isnt a sugn of gr8ness.
well said!!...:thumbs_up:
well said!!...:thumbs_up:
:finger:
let rohit sharma do consistently well in domestics' date=' a-tours etc. Then he'll be in test squad.[/quote'] Yeh i know ... Like I said in the OP ... this wasnt supposed to be about selection. He def. does not deserve a spot in the Test side now. But the kid has some serious talent. In the series against Australia, we got to see that he had a pretty good technique and he could play some very good innings. But I remember during the IPL, he was playing in a team full of cashed up superstars (Symonds, Gilchrist, Gibbs, etc), and this young kid came out and his hitting was just so clean, and he just seemed to have so much more time than anyone else. It seemed like such a walk in the park for this kid. Now, of course, players like Dhawan and Gambhir are doing better than him, but , again, I am not trying to make an argument for his selection. I am simply going by what I observe when I watch this guy bat. While I am not comparing him to Sachin, I am simply saying that not since Sachin have I seen someone have this much time to play their shots. Basically, I am saying Rohit Sharma has more natural talent than any other young batsman in the Indian team today. His relative success, in my opinion, will depend purely on his commitment, attitude and desire.