Ganguly Announces Retirement!

Was it a deal then that got him this last series? Neverthless Indias greatest ever skipper! Farewell dada and go out on a high by thumping the aussies. A legend of inidan cricket:isalute:
It was a definite deal. thats why selectors took couple of hours to select a team of 14 when 12 of those players were automatic selection.
He should get a grand farewell party from BCCI and cricket fans. His contributions to Indian cricket has been invaluable in both forms of the game.
Exactly. Good that Ludh hasn't come up with a new banner as yet...I recommend a banner with players from both sides on left and right with Dada at the centre.

Yup. Great way to handle a senior (who was the best captain India ever had) 'retirement'. I will give this committe some credit for the way they handled this situation unlike the moron More. Now, wait for the moron and Guruji Greg to say something denegrating about Ganguly. Now, perhaps RD will follow suit after the next series (I don't know whom we are playing after Aus). Therefore, we bed in one youngster at the time for each series. But, please not 'Yuvraj' - only good for ODI/T20. So perhaps, after four or five test series we will have a new middle order.

Bangalore: Sourav Ganguly has announced his retirement from the game, the former India captain said on Tuesday. Ganguly said he would be retiring from the game at the end of the India-Australia Test series, which begins in Bangalore on Thursday. After being controversially included for the four-Test series, Ganguly revealed that even he was surprised at his inclusion, but added that the stress forced him to take a decision on his career. "I have decided to quit. This will be my last Test series," Ganguly told reporters in Bangalore on Tuesday "I have informed my team of my decision. I hope I'll end my career with a winning knock," added the 36-year-old. Ganguly, who has played 109 Test matches in a career spanning over 12 years, made a stunning entry to Test cricket with a century on debut at Lord's in 1996. He followed it up with another century at Trent Bridge in the next Test match. However, India's most successful Test captain fell out of favour with the BCCI's recent policy of blooding young talent to build for the future. "To be honest I didn't expect to be picked for this series. But then I didn't expect to be dropped for the Irani Trophy," Ganguly said. it has been unfortunate that there is focus on me. I have learned to live with it. When I can't I will go." Ganguly followed it up by saying he will be quitting the game. The former India captain, who took over from Mohammad Azharuddin following the match-fixing scandal in 2000, helped India reach the World Cup final in 2003.

Ganguly reveals kidnap threat on daughter BANGALORE: For Sourav Ganguly, daughter Sana means the world and thus it came as a shock when the former India skipper revealed the family had received a threat to kidnap his daughter. "It is true but it would be better if we don't discuss it here," the southpaw said at a press meet on Monday when asked about the kidnap threat. Sana will turn seven on November 3 and it is still not clear whether the threat has anything to do with India's most successful skipper announcing that he will retire from Test cricket after the four-match series against Australia.

India's most revolutionary captain (and their best ever captain) takes a bow ... Screw the critics !!! You are one of the all time greats !!!
Let's see, He couldn't bowl, couldn't field, couldn't run between the wickets. The only thing he was good at as a player was being a very good timer of the ball and very strong on the on side. Even in batting he was crap against the short ball. One of the all time greats? Yeah right.
Let's see, He couldn't bowl, couldn't field, couldn't run between the wickets. The only thing he was good at as a player was being a very good timer of the ball and very strong on the on side. Even in batting he was crap against the short ball. One of the all time greats? Yeah right.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::whack: