Who is Dada talking about?

Who is Dada talking about?  

1. 1.

This is nothing new. Ganguly has a crybaby attitude with the media whether it was when he was dropped from the ODIs or the Chappell incident. Something tells me this is just the beginning. This guy is determined to have the focus on him and after the series he's going to keep himself in the spotlight by making these dumb statements. What a loser.

SG is an a who feels all kindsa things are 'entitled' to him. Get lost, SG. Good Bye from all forms of kriket. Hopefully u retire from IPL too. If u dont play well in first 2 Tests, hopefully selectors will drop u from Test3 & 4 rather than carry u as passenger. Better score the 50s in first 2 Tests.
Cmon dude....he is bitter about some stuff..and doesn't believe in mincing words. It is a complete package..he may not be a gentleman but then gentlemen have rarely been great captains..e.g. Dravid, Tendu, Kumble..all super crappy captains. He is known for dishing it to his adversaries...be it Waugh or the selectors. :hatsoff:
I think it is a tit-for-tat for the disparaging comments dhobi made about Seniors being slow' date=' yada yada yada.[/quote'] He should not have thrown that tit for that tat. That tat was bad, but this tit is even worse. MSD's indication was more towards Sachin and Sachin answered him the way he has always answered all his critics with some explosive batting and MSD was publicly embarrassed for making those comments. Getting back at MSD like that just before his farewell series starts is bad. If Ganguly makes such comments three months later, they would be looked at differently as he would be probably working as a cricket expert with some channel. But at this time, the tit-for-tat looks bad.

My estimation of Ganguly has gone up. What a way to tell off your team mates that you are actually lucky to be there while I to keep fighting for no reason. The man has not been given the recognition he deserves for being the best captain India ever had and feel very bitter about it. He is talking about Dhoni (who is a bit of two faced anyway) and also probably Dravid and SRT. I agree with his sentiments and well-timed to get RD, SQRT and Dhoti to actually prove him wrong and score some runs in this test. I say he is using reverse psychology. Well done Dada.

Thats a terrible comment to make. It doesn't matter who the subject in the comment was. If it was Dhoni, then its even worse. In the last one year (starting from Eng. Series), Dhoni's innings in test cricket are not terrible. They haven't been quite as good or quite as useful (in terms of the situation) but he has shown more commitment towards improving than say, Yuvraj. And I know its not the primary subject of this thread but Karthik to replace Dhoni, seriously? the man gave out so many extras during the Pakistan test late last season. He kept terribly to Kumble during the SL series. I mean, c'mon - you oughtn't hate a person meaninglessly. Terrible stuff from us as fans these comments.

Guest Hiten.
I think it is a tit-for-tat for the disparaging comments dhobi made about Seniors being slow' date=' yada yada yada.[/quote'] Was (more like....IS) dhoni wrong in making that statement?
Was (more like....IS) dhoni wrong in making that statement?
yea he was wrong in making that statement. otherwise many of us wouldn't be upset about it. if they are slow, talk about it during selection meetings as the ODI captain. keep it internal. don't talk cr@p in public. they are slow(er), duh! as you get older, your reflexes do get slower, you do start running slower. you make up for it in other ways using your experience. then as a selector/captain you look at the totality of the package and decide if you want them picked or not.

People are kidding me right about Dada being out of line? He is a former Indian Captain, the most successful Indian Captain EVER. Dada came back from the brink of exclusion to become a run machine in the last 12-18 months. He is talking about MS Dhoni. And YES. His comments are true. Please someone post a decent run of test scores for Dhoni? Show me the evidence and I will shut up. Dhoni is a player of amaing calibre who hasn't hit it yet in tests. 20/20s and ODIs he has played amazing. The true attribute of a brilliant cricketer is by scoring heavily at test level. Compare Dhoni with his peers - Brendon McCullum, Kumar Sangakkara - how does Dhoni stack up? I would choose the latter 2 over Dhoni in TESTS in a heart beat. Robin Uttapa - dont get me started, coming from a country who oozes technique (Gavaskar, Dravid, SRT), my honest assessment of this guy is that he needs to seriously work on his technique. Another great player with raw talent, who needs fine tuned. Ganguly is right in what he says.

Compare Dhoni with his peers - Brendon McCullum' date=' Kumar Sangakkara - how does Dhoni stack up? I would choose the latter 2 over Dhoni in TESTS in a heart beat. [/quote'] Yes, because McCullum's test record is absolutely stellar, isn't it ?? :haha: Seriously man, at least get the facts right
People are kidding me right about Dada being out of line? He is a former Indian Captain, the most successful Indian Captain EVER. Dada came back from the brink of exclusion to become a run machine in the last 12-18 months. He is talking about MS Dhoni. And YES. His comments are true. Please someone post a decent run of test scores for Dhoni? Show me the evidence and I will shut up. Dhoni is a player of amaing calibre who hasn't hit it yet in tests. 20/20s and ODIs he has played amazing. The true attribute of a brilliant cricketer is by scoring heavily at test level. Compare Dhoni with his peers - Brendon McCullum, Kumar Sangakkara - how does Dhoni stack up? I would choose the latter 2 over Dhoni in TESTS in a heart beat. Robin Uttapa - dont get me started, coming from a country who oozes technique (Gavaskar, Dravid, SRT), my honest assessment of this guy is that he needs to seriously work on his technique. Another great player with raw talent, who needs fine tuned. Ganguly is right in what he says.
I apologize to the original thread starter for deviating from the topic (perhaps the mods can help make this discussion a different thread or something). But to compare Dhoni to Sangakkara is not exactly a fair thing. For one, Sangakkara has been in the game far longer than Dhoni. He has had time to improve his technique, and I agree, he's a much better batsman (in Tests) than Dhoni. However, as far as McCullum goes, he has a worse record actually (not to undermine his achievements - he is a terrific batsman but his test stats are not better than Dhoni's). Here is the comparison: MS Dhoni's Record (starting after WC 2007, which shows that he has a better average than his overall avg.)
unfiltered  	30  	1418  	148  	33.76  	1  	0  	-  	-  	0  	70  	14  	
filtered   	15 	712 	92 	37.47 	0 	- 	- 	- 	- 	29 	5 	
B. McCullum's Record (for the past two years):
unfiltered  	2004-2008  	35  	57  	3  	1697  	143  	31.42  	2616  	64.87  	2  	10  	6  	214  	20  	
filtered   	2006-2008 	12 	22 	1 	614 	97 	29.23 	885 	69.37 	0 	4 	3 	79 	11 	

I won't bother mentioning Sangakkara's stats because they are much better than Dhoni's and McCullum's. His 192 last year against Australia was also terrific and his performance against the Aussies in Australia is far better than Dhoni's. I'll admit to it. What I am arguing here is that Ganguly's statements would've been correct had Dhoni been neglecting his flaws- and is not showing any commitment to fix them. But thats not the case here. I remember during the 153 that Sachin scored in Adelaide, at one point, Dhoni had an overnight score of 6* (54), which shows that he was being patient and showing some sort of resolve to continue batting and not giving away his wicket. He later gave away his wicket by going for a power hit over backward point but, despite that, there is commitment - and he's not totally hopeless (another example would be the 79* in the 2nd innings at Lords last year). That 79* was a complete contrast to the 92 (his highest score in the last 15 tests) that he scored at the Oval (where he achieved that score with 10 fours and 4 sixes in 81 balls or something like that). He is showing the willingness to adapt to the situation (in ODIs, he adapts much better than everyone else we're comparing him with, btw). This is why SCG's comments are not in good taste at all, and according to me, false - and this is under the condition that he's referring to Dhoni of course.

how come the "committed" dhoni backed out of tests in srl then? and am pretty sure he is talking about uthappa anyways.. read somewhere that some aussie comm. had criticised him for caring about his hair too much..
Perhaps you didn't read this article: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/342305.html . And this was Mar. 2008. He had played in the IPL, the SA series, the Asia Cup, and whatever useless ODIs we played later this year. He is human. He needed a break, rightly. I don't see any problem with the break he took.