Wait is over..Tendulkar stands tallest!!

SachDan

Tendulkar breaks Lara's record Sachin Tendulkar broke Brian Lara's record for most Test runs in the final session of day one in Mohali when he hit Peter Siddle to third man for two runs. The record stood for nearly two years after Lara played his final Test and it was inevitable that Tendulkar would eventually break it. Incidentally, he is also one-day cricket's leading run-scorer with 16,631 runs. Tendulkar was expected to attain the feat in Sri Lanka recently but he endured a poor series with the bat, scoring just 95 runs in three Tests. It was only fitting, though, that he achieved the record against Australia, a team he has tormented several times in the past. Coincidentally, Lara too achieved the world record against Australia, when he went past Allan Border's tally of 11,174 runs during the Adelaide Test in 2005. They remain the only three players to cross the 11,000-run mark in Tests. Though it is uncertain how long Tendulkar will prolong his Test career - which has lasted 19 years - the two players who stand the best chance of beating his eventual tally are Rahul Dravid (10,341) and Ricky Ponting (10,239).

just **** off you b@!!!
no use getting angry at me... isn't it a fact that he should have gott to this milestone atleast couple of years ago... moreover, anyone who can have a long career like tendulkar's would get to this landmark eventually. who else in world cricket can just come out of an injury and start playing test without any practice game? with such bended rules in his favor, he's destined to go past that record. as i write it.. ganguly goes past 7K
no use getting angry at me... isn't it a fact that he should have gott to this milestone atleast couple of years ago... moreover, anyone who can have a long career like tendulkar's would get to this landmark eventually. who else in world cricket can just come out of an injury and start playing test without any practice game? with such bended rules in his favor, he's destined to go past that record. as i write it.. ganguly goes past 7K
:omg: you are absolutely right..who else can score 13,49,88 at international level with out any match practise for almost two months?? Greatest batsman of our time.Period.