Gilly lashes out at Sachin, calls him a bad sport, liar.

Holysmoke

Gilly just made the following two statements 1. Tendulkar said he did not hear anything since he was at the other end 2. Tendulkar DEFENDED bhajji's claim that Bhajji may have said maaki and not monkey He has not called Sachin a liar or any such thing - this is just crass sensationalism. Gilly is understandably disappointed at the way the Symonds issue was handled and is expressing his disappointment.

Gilly just made the following two statements 1. Tendulkar said he did not hear anything since he was at the other end 2. Tendulkar DEFENDED bhajji's claim that Bhajji may have said maaki and not monkey He has not called Sachin a liar or any such thing - this is just crass sensationalism. Gilly is understandably disappointed at the way the Symonds issue was handled and is expressing his disappointment.
Online is stuck between Gilly and Sachin.....what a predicament :haha: I say...EFF YOU gilly :D
this is just blind hate u r no different than those islamic jehadists who hate because they are supposed to hate. :finger:
:finger: go Sachin.... he has "sach" in his name so how gilly question his integrity :--D

I was afraid of this when Sachin defended Harbhajan for "10 hours" explaining the difference between calling Symonds a monkey and saying "maa ki". He started out saying it was just a bit of friendly banter at the end of the 2nd day in Sydney (i.e. he chose not to make it a big issue). He then said that he did not hear what Harbhajan said to Symonds (which was true because Harbhajan went off the pitch a fair way to say something to Symonds after the latter had made some dumb comment about no friends on the field). Then, he defended Harbhajan with the "maaki" alternative that the Australians would not be able to defend (I mean they could come up with a million reasons why it sounded the same: different accent, he was walking away from Harbhajan when he was saying this to him, etc). I think its a bit silly to call Sachin a bad sport for not shaking your hand after a defeat because not all people who shake hands are good sports either. Sachin is a very highly competitive player who doesn't take defeat lightly (as per millions of his coaches, friends, etc). But I think the team management (yes I blame everyone) had a role in manipulating the words that did come out of Sachin's mouth later. (This is my speculation and it could be that I'm horribly wrong and so is Gilchrist).

Arey gilli ki bhi maa ki .. why the hell he never said anything then ? why is it that he was singing praises of SRT after/during the tour and now he is a villain . How does he know that Bhajji called Symo a monkey when he was not even close... Its a cheap trick to sell his books .. So is he also going to mention what happened between Symo and Clarke , Ponting and Warne , warne and coach etc etc ...

Sachin is always diplomatic in this kinda issues..he never openly comes out and states what he thinks clearly..thats the reason behind this Gilly accusation..anyway if Gilly was so pissed off with Sachin he shd have made that open at that time and not after 10 months or so.. calling SRT a bad sport because he din offer to shake hands is just lame..as some posters have pointed out above he plays the game to win and when he loses he will definitely feel bad..so don know from where that came from

Bad sport? Not too sure. Liar? Probably so. Gilchrist's assessment about the whole Sydney saga is not incorrect. Harbhajan Singh clearly said something that unsettled Australian, and it was no small sledge. Anyone who has watched the clippings would remember Hayden saying - Now you have a witness - a statement that Gilchrist suggests as well. So Harbhajan Singh did say something untoward. As much as an Aussie can not say with conviction what Harbhajan Singh said, in the same vein it is also not possible for an Indian to be 100% sure of Bhajji's utterance. The next issue in question is did BCCI flex its muscle? Of course it did. Who is stupid enough in the world of cricket to beleive BCCI ever carries itself with grace. They are basically a bunch of cash carrying loonies who deride everyone around them with an agenda of "setting old records straight". Which brings us to CA, did they bend over and accomodate BCCI or did they actually fight for Aussie players. Again something neither I, nor anyone else, can claim to know with certainty although the way Aussie players have reacted afterwards, including Symonds himself, it is clear that Aussies beleive CA did not back them up. Lastly the role of Sachin Tendulkar. Well he was the Indian batsmen in the middle alongside Harbhajan Singh and yes he would be real close to the line of fire. Did he lie? Or was he a true gentleman?? I am not sure of either. What I am sure of is the Headlines the next day - Sachin's testimony saved Harbhajan. Anyone who remembers the incidence will clearly recall Sachin's talk with Sharad Pawar etc. So yes Sachin is under a cloud of suspicion here and there is no reason why he should be considered "above" all this or Gilly "below". As for the whole handshake saga I dont care about that. Many top players refuse to lose. Sachin would probably too and hence he doesnt enjoy having a handshake aftera game. No big deal. xxx
In relation to the whole Harbhajan matter ... no one knows whether he said it or not, but under any legal system , the motto is "Innocent until proven guilty" So ... WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT HE SAID "MONKEY" ???? Thats something the Aussies have tried to dodge for the past 10 months. They talk about "BCCI muscle" and what not ... but the fact remains that if the Aussies had even one iota of proof that he said "monkey", then they may have had a chance of getting him suspended. Otherwise ... it was the right decision. The Aussies have yet to digest that fact.

Strange comments from Gilly, as usual he does come across as quite a selfish fella otherwise why would he not have said this before but reserves it for a book? He quit Aussie cricket for IPL and now to sell a few copies more he is resorting to nit picking. No chance there's one person you can say is flawless. Sure Tendulkar may have a flaw or two so what? Just get on with it instead of sensationalizing it for the sake of selling a few copies more. Check http://www.stuff.co.nz/4738050a1823.html None of the comments are from Indians but as usual Kiwis don't trust an Aussie's statement.

The aussies are the moaning racist ,who will do any thing for money.These SH@@s are envious about the Indian players because of their popularity.Even Sym was moaning the way the Indian team was treated after winning the T20.I fully support Gavaskar's view on the monkey gate.Iif Gilly is having any self respect (I doubt as his son is born for Slater as stated in the book),He should stop begging for Indian money and quit IPL , India and go back to Australia.

Very cheap shot by Gilly, I thought he was not like the rest of the Aussie sissy bunch...:cry_smile: The problem with Aussie cricketers is...they think that they have the 'sole rights' to sledge other cricketers, they act very 'macho' . now that they get a mouthful back...they whine & cry like babies...poor SOBs:finger: It is a shame that a gentleman like SRT is being called 'unsporty' and a lair...by some freak called gilchrist.