Gilly lashes out at Sachin, calls him a bad sport, liar.

Holysmoke

who frracking cares ! One should just stick to catching balls, the other to whacking balls... talk about making a soap opera outta a sport.... this is what i say to all this brouhaha : Symonds : entertain me with your fielding. Bhajji : entertain me with your bowling. Tendy: entertain me with your batting and Gilly: you already entertained me with your batting and catching. Beyond that, ALL of them are utterly meaningless to me and irrelevant. So blokes, stick to what makes you lot relevant to this world. Gilly, you are irrelevant to me now- your time on the stage is over and all that you had to offer was on the stage..author thou art not. All that this book or most cricket books are, are expensive toilet paper.

Well done Gilly on exposing that hypocrite! Can't wait to read the book.
:hysterical: Well said, Gilly is spot on, hez a liar, a hypocrite, a man who put his selfish interests ahead of his nations, boom $ kching $ $ kching $ $ kching $ Book sales boosted by a million ! Objective achieved !

But quite a bit brighter than the clowns in here thinking Gilchrist sat down and wrote this book, sent it off to the printers and had it in bookshops - all within days of the second Test. Not all clowns though. Great post by Lurker .

author thou art not. All that this book or most cricket books are' date=' are expensive toilet paper.[/quote'] Read it already, Sandro ? :regular_smile:
But quite a bit brighter than the clowns in here thinking Gilchrist sat down and wrote this book, sent it off to the printers and had it in bookshops - all within days of the second Test. Not all clowns though. Great post by Lurker . Read it already, Sandro ? :regular_smile:
Who the hell thinks that? I dont think anyone here said the book was written in a few days. As for the post by Lurker ... no one responded to my reply which was ... whether or not Bhajji said 'monkey' we will never know but the fact remains that he got off because plain and simple 'THERE WAS NOT ANY PROOF' ... even Symonds was asked point blank whether he was sure Bhajji said 'monkey' and not 'Teri Maaki' and he said he wasnt sure. The Aussie media like to use the BCCI power as a clever (well not really that clever) excuse to sidestep the fact that they could not mount a case against Bhajji and therefore lost.

Hey people, I am a writer of sorts and I 've been working on a book based on cricketers for the last 89 years. Yes, i am that old. But anyway, i have done immense research, hired gigolos and even slept with a few cricketers to get the connections and have been buried myself in their world for that last 42 years. Now that my book is almost complete, I would like to share with you people, some snippets that will make it very interesting to read. Since the topic is about Adam Gilchrist, I will start with something that he will never reveal to the world. Adam Gilchirst ,or atleast that’s what he is by day, is a self-confessed (to me in a drunken orgy) is a cross dressing transvestite with no facial hair who spends most of his life in drunken stupor after his failed romance with Ponting (again, courtesy moi). He is extremely a sad and lonely bloke. If someone from here wants to hook up with him, please give me a call. I will do the mandatory junk size screening. Lara had an affair with Mcgraths wife and so did Eddo Brandes. And I had one with Mila Kunis, which is go into in great details and has dedicated 2 chapters on that very subject. In 1989, Ian Botham sent his Mother in law to Pakistan. At one point in his career, Grahame Smith didn’t wear a watch; he decided what time it was. And that is all, unfortunately, my publisher would like me to divulge. Now go and buy my book “Xinhua Zidian : The truth that leads to eternal life and anal sex”

Read it already, Sandro ?
No, but my reading tastes are a bit more intellectual than the garbage that former-sportsmen-hunting-for-money spew. As i said, Gilly's book, like 99.9999% ex-cricketer/ex-sportsman books, are just expensive toilet paper. They arnt even good writers, even with their ghost writers and there are a zillion and one better authors- both in prose and material,than these have-beens who simply are trying to cash in with toilet-paper quality works.
No, but my reading tastes are a bit more intellectual than the garbage that former-sportsmen-hunting-for-money spew. As i said, Gilly's book, like 99.9999% ex-cricketer/ex-sportsman books, are just expensive toilet paper. They arnt even good writers, even with their ghost writers and there are a zillion and one better authors- both in prose and material,than these have-beens who simply are trying to cash in with toilet-paper quality works.
Some Indian fans are showing their true colors ( or as some would say if they didnt care about being politically correct : their neechi jaati ) : going after players wives and kids now ? Despicable...
Agree 100%. Please read my book.
But quite a bit brighter than the clowns in here thinking Gilchrist sat down and wrote this book, sent it off to the printers and had it in bookshops - all within days of the second Test.
I don't get what you are trying to say here, really. I think what people are saying, is that if Gilly actually thought so and wasnt just a money-grabbing pretentious gob, he'd have said something AFTER the match or atleast, post retirement. That he packaged it in his book is clear indication that his comments are sensationalist and geared towards generating money and fraack the truth/integrity in this matter. Furthermore, it doesnt take a writer of even the most basic quality to edit in a paragraph or a page into a book on a fine morning.
Dirty_South' date=' veer, sm 332, desi cartman, Satishg, Rajeev ............[/quote'] Glad this clown made you smile, not sure how you extrapolated that through my post. I was simply admiring the timing of the book - a diplomatic reason to release it during the series. But again, if its about book sales then everything goes, also if the rough transcript was ready then it really doesn't matter when its printed right
Some Indian fans are showing their true colors ( or as some would say if they didnt care about being politically correct : their neechi jaati ) : going after players wives and kids now ? Despicable...
Sad :(( Some here have over-reacted to somwthing which is totally irrelevant on the cricketing front, however i must say this is a cheap shot by the publishers and distributors of the book to increase their sales I think with such statements, the credibility of the book will be certainly questioned, for gods sake now we have every tom,dick and COOK writing a book !!!
Why the hell do you read them if "99.9999% are are just expensive toilet paper" ???
I don't. Except ' A social history of English cricket' by Derek Birley, i am yet to read beyond the first 10 pages of ANY cricket book since the age of 14/15. Because within the first 10 pages, the banality and utter lack of authorship in the books turn me off completely. You want a good reading experience, try Arundhati Roy...or Tolstoy. Hell, even Hemmingway would do (though he was crap in my opinion)- Neitzche is creme de la creme in his writings (especially the ones translated to English by this particular dude who's name i forget right now)....anyways, you get my drift. To put it bluntly, if the literary world were a cafeteria, the quality of writing for cricket/sports biographies and autobiographies are worse than a day stale McDonalds. but hey, to each his own - you may like the McDonald's *****..i personally don't.