** Stanford Series Thread **

Sachinism

**** man, i wanted to watch that Stanford SUPER OVER...:(( What the hell was that non-striker doing - he ran the single and then stopped...what a ****** No money for Trinidad now, what a shame.
they won some shyt yesterday dude.. in the game of middlessex vs trini and tobago.. they won something like 280,000 dollars

ECB to hold Stanford review Cricinfo staff October 29, 2008 The ECB is understood to be holding a review into their five-year deal with Allen Stanford, the Texan billionaire who is bankrolling the Stanford 20/20 for 20. The two parties agreed on an unprecedented US$100 million deal in the summer, spread over five years, but the inaugural competition this week in Antigua has attracted considerable criticism in England. The low point was reached on Monday when Stanford was pictured with Matt Prior's wife on his knee and with his arms around two other girlfriends of members of the England team during a match earlier in the week. It provoked a strong reaction from parts of the media, and in addition, one England player reportedly said: "If that was my wife he'd put on his lap I would have wanted to punch him". http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/stanfordtwenty20/content/story/375957.html

can't believe there are no posts on todays game what batting from Stanford Superstars they went 6 crazy especially Fletcher 1st game which has been fun to watch for hitting
pjilka,you are the ICF reporter Stanford Series :haha: just saw highlights..Fletcher hit some mighty sixes.

Stanford 20-20 cup-which team would u support? Frankly, the whole concept looks ridiculous.But when a Billionaire wants to throw away his money, England cricketers or the West indies cricketers are not going to complain. I support the West Indies cricketers who would be representing Superstars team, only because they can do with the money. They are not the best paid. the young talent in the region are not so much interested in cricket as there are other more lucrative opportunities for strong talented youngsters -NBA,Baseball... so, if the west indies cricketers make the money, there will be lot of interest in cricket. may be the tradition of the free scoring, fast bowling calypso cricketers will re-emerge after an almost painful decade. The WICB would also spend the 300-400 thousands dollars they would get for improving the sport from grassroot level and possibly take better care of their young cricketers. so, I wish Chris Gayle and co score 200 even on a sluggish pitch and win the match. if England can give them a tough fight for their money it would be good for the public. what dya say....

ECB are very snobbish. if the England team wins the stanford 20-20, then ECB will dictate terms for engalnd players participation in IPL. already they are demanding release of at least 20 IPL players. that's an outrageous demand because except 6 or 7 players, the england team does not have potentially successful 20-20 cricketers and even among country cricketers hardly another 6 would pass the muster. West Indies should win.they are always unpredictable. let us see how it goes. 3.00 am early morning sunday indian time???how can i watch!

$20 million dollar game - Superstars vs England Every run scored to every wicket taken to every catch dropped..... everything will count BIG time in this 20 million dollar giveaway Go England! :yay: