New Gilly shocker!!!

That means such an act is not a noble one or can be considered a cheap act by that person. Do you think Ganguly or Sachin would ever do that? No way... In your own words, you have admitted that Gilly's act was not noble, thus making him look ugly and cheap to say what he has said. Hence lost respect and given up on his saint image.. Agree???
Sure I agree, that's why I said it was hypocritcal of him to do so, but I never thought he was a saint to begin with. Certainly a nice guy with a sporting attitude but no saint. But it's different than Ganguly or Sachin because Gilly is retired now and talking about past events. I don't think Sachin would ever do such a thing but we've already seen Ganguly do it when he had a disagreement with Chappell. He was still an active player and as such should have dealt with it behind closed doors in private with the right people. Instead he made it into a media issue and tried to win a PR battle for a cricketing job. The same way he made those comments recently about certain younger players.
Knob doing his bit to sell his book' date=' I suppose. We'll soon see him in Indian ads and bollywood songs running around trees with bollywood beauties - his post retirement plans are set![/quote'] Well after this I seriously doubt any Indian non-cricket related company that wants to make money will go anywhere near Gilchrist.

"'Where's Sourav?, I said'. Rahul [Dravid] couldn't answer definitively; between the lines I perceived that Sourav might have pulled out from fear of losing a home series," said Gilchrist, who was a stand-by skipper in place of an injured Ricky Ponting [images]. Even Dravid's mom can't read between his lines.......when has he ever said anything that leaves anything open for reading between the lines. What a sad guy this gilly is! He is getting paid big money playing IPL ,still he stoops so low .Shame shame!

After what ?
This has caused a lot of uproar in India and at the moment, Gilchrist is probably not Indias favourite person. What I was saying is that its unlikely an Indian (non cricket related) company would call him up for a sponsorship deal now because I doubt Indians would buy a product endorsed by someone they are angry with.

It is absolutely hilarious to see posters slam Gilly as a "book selling pimp" when most of these have never ever bothered to read a cricket book. Atleast I have never seen many of those who claim this as a book selling act even mention the last cricket book they read. Talk of being brain dead. Now on to the issue at bare here - Nagpur Test 2004. The first thing that comes to mind is Ganguly opening criticizing the wicket had "too much grass" (hey where did that thread go about Indian cricket players officialy criticizing about pitches lol) and that he had "asked" the groundsman to remove the grass and the latter refused. The next thing we know Ganguly pulled out and Dravid walks in as the skipper. The second thing that comes to mind is how Raj Singh Dungarpur famously noted, and I paraphrase - I find it amazing that an Australian team claims the Nagpur pitch looks like an Australian pitch while Indian team claims this as unplayable. He then also had famously mentioned how no matter how bad a cricket pitch he, it is duty of Indian captain to play! So yes it is not far removed if Gilly wonders if Ganguly chickened out, and if you want further information please dig up the series information on Rediff or Cricinfo, its not too far in the past you know. And yes while you are at it, do grab a book first before you pretend to claim as if you had a dozen of these in your bathroom!! xxx

^ I was the one who mentioned the open criticism of pitches. What I meant was the criticism of opposition country's pitches. On the issue of the book. I have no issue with him putting all this stuff in the book ... but what I do have an issue with is ... this motto that the Aussie players chant about "leaving everything on the field". How can someone say that, and then go an write a book about everything that happened on the field?

But it's different than Ganguly or Sachin because Gilly is retired now and talking about past events. I don't think Sachin would ever do such a thing but we've already seen Ganguly do it when he had a disagreement with Chappell. He was still an active player and as such should have dealt with it behind closed doors in private with the right people. Instead he made it into a media issue and tried to win a PR battle for a cricketing job. The same way he made those comments recently about certain younger players.
I meant - even after retirement Ganguly or Sachin would do such a thing i.e writing something to degrade some of the players that they played against. They may write about their own cricketing achievements, the experiences things like that, but not about opposition, like what Gilly has done in his book. Ganguly didn't goto the media by himself. He was dragged into it by Greg. And he had to react. Like how sachin has reacted to Gilly's accusations, cos being silent would have meant, accepting it as truth.
The same way he made those comments recently about certain younger players.
Are you nuts. This was an imaginary interview fabricated by that stupid bangla news paper. Sourav has issued a statement that he never said anything like that.