New Gilly shocker!!!

all these are speculations my dear friend.. just like the many gossips we hear about cine stars.. any one can make similar stories about why bhaji or dada didnt play etc. my point is that him including stories of mostly indian players is just a gimmick to sell his crap in india. and he writes such bad things about our players as if all his mates and he himself are such staright forward, straight talking holy cows!!!

Shocker ? It's not even a revelation. :asleep:
Chameli, its a shocking slur on two great players. He is nasty piece of work gilly, showing his true colours after appaling attempts at impersonating a saint over the years. Not even loyal to his country as retired early to cash in on IPL and get these££££££££££££££££££££££

The article is really obscure. Did Gilchrist make those comments in person or were they excerpts from his book? If they were extracts from his book, then it's no big deal. It's his prerogative to write a tell all book and frankly anyone buying a book about cricket from an ex cricketer expects this kind of inside info so really I don't see the harm in all of this except for his publishing house obviously trying to generate as much controversy and media attention to sell more copies. However, if he made those statements himself in an interview then it's shameless self promotion. Either way it's a bit hypocritical of Gilchrist to talk about certain events of the past when he played his cricket with the motto of what happens on the field stays on the field after you finish. Shame to see a good cricketer go back on his values for a few silver coins.

Although I agree with some of the things he is saying (about Ganguly pulling out of Nagpur I agree it was not the right thing to do ... dont know about the Bhajji flu thing) ... I must agree with Fontaine ... You cant keep saying "What happens on the field, stays on the field" and then right it in your biography. He would have been still playing when he wrote a lot of this stuff so its very hypocritical to go through your career saying "We play it hard and tough but we leave it on the field" and then go and write it in a book to sell to the public. I must say though ... from a business point of view ... Adam Gilchrist is a genius ... the timing of this books release was perfect. During an India vs Australia series Gilly (or his manager) knew hed get the most publicity if the book was released now. I must pay respect to that ... very very smart move from Gilchrist.

You cant keep saying "What happens on the field, stays on the field" and then right it in your biography. He would have been still playing when he wrote a lot of this stuff so its very hypocritical to go through your career saying "We play it hard and tough but we leave it on the field" and then go and write it in a book to sell to the public.
I guess the theory works only for those things which the aussies give to the others. If it's the other way around, then these ****ards remember it for all their life and keep *****ing about it!
What is this ****ard up to??? http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/oct/31gil.htm He knows pretty well that his mates in india really need a helping hand at the moment. And isn't he doing just that in the perfect way that suits the convicts ..err. sorry.. the aussies? ?our hyderabadi friends must teach him a lesson or two in the next IPL season!
Not just hyderabadis - He should be stoned (I dint mean smoking weed and getting stoned) in all IPL venues. Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Mohali and Kolkatta. Wake up and make sure that this guy gets what he deserves...

If they are excerpts from his book, why is the press latching on to each issue on a different day. If book has it all, why don't they review the book and list out all the bad things he said about Indians. Why are they going at it one issue per day? Looks like they are cashing in on it too. They want to discuss it and prolong it for slow news days.

If they are excerpts from his book' date=' why is the press latching on to each issue on a different day. If book has it all, why don't they review the book and list out all the bad things he said about Indians. Why are they going at it one issue per day? Looks like they are cashing in on it too. They want to discuss it and prolong it for slow news days.[/quote'] D'uh!
The article is really obscure. Did Gilchrist make those comments in person or were they excerpts from his book? If they were extracts from his book, then it's no big deal. It's his prerogative to write a tell all book and frankly anyone buying a book about cricket from an ex cricketer expects this kind of inside info so really I don't see the harm in all of this except for his publishing house obviously trying to generate as much controversy and media attention to sell more copies.
Oh.. so... when Ganguly writes his book, it is okay to speculate that Gilchrist scored a duck in an innings because he found Slater in his bedroom the previous night? [edited] Just speculation - Anybody can speculate anything in their own right isn't it? And make goode money out of it. Will Gilly be able to take it lightly?
Oh.. so... when Ganguly writes his book, it is okay to speculate that Gilchrist scored a duck in an innings because he found Slater in his bedroom the previous night? And spent the night holding torch while Slater phacked his wife? Just speculation - Anybody can speculate anything in their own right isn't it? And make goode money out of it. Will Gilly be able to take it lightly?
Sure if that's what Ganguly thought is what happened. It won't be discrete or noble to take a team's internal issues, and bring them out openly amongst the media but when has that ever stopped Ganguly?
It won't be discrete or noble to take a team's internal issues
That means such an act is not a noble one or can be considered a cheap act by that person. Do you think Ganguly or Sachin would ever do that? No way... In your own words, you have admitted that Gilly's act was not noble, thus making him look ugly and cheap to say what he has said. Hence lost respect and given up on his saint image.. Agree???