Bhaji appreciation thread-We are missing him today

Kumble is indeed in a different planet. He was a top grade bowler for India, something like what Zaheer Khan has been in the recent past. Bhajji bowled well, but ran out of ideas, and after the first 4 wickets, he got clueless when Kallis and then Prince and Boucher and rest of SA carried on. Good that he got the wickets eventually, but he could not dictate the game once his Plan-A started to go awry.
It also didn't help the fact of Dhoni's pathetic field placements. He looked clueless out there.

The bowling plans after Kallis reverse swept a couple of deliveries were absolutely pathetic. Both Harbhajan and Dhoni are responsible for it. I mean, you have an injured batsman trying to reverse sweep an off spinner out of the rough, and you immediately stop bowling the line and place a deep thirdman to stop the boundary? Any spinner and captain should have been thrilled seeing Kallis do that. No matter how good a batsman might be, there is no way you should set defensive fields for a reverse sweep on a 4th day pitch with a bit of turn and a lot of rough to work with. Just plain, stupid, cricket. Can you imagine Warne setting a deep thirdman if some left hander reverse swept him out of the rough a couple of times and start bowling on his pads.

The bowling plans after Kallis reverse swept a couple of deliveries were absolutely pathetic. Both Harbhajan and Dhoni are responsible for it. I mean, you have an injured batsman trying to reverse sweep an off spinner out of the rough, and you immediately stop bowling the line and place a deep thirdman to stop the boundary? Any spinner and captain should have been thrilled seeing Kallis do that. No matter how good a batsman might be, there is no way you should set defensive fields for a reverse sweep on a 4th day pitch with a bit of turn and a lot of rough to work with. Just plain, stupid, cricket. Can you imagine Warne setting a deep thirdman if some left hander reverse swept him out of the rough a couple of times and start bowling on his pads.
Well said but I think it was the conventional sweeps that unsettled Dhoni more because it meant that leg gully was out of the game.
Well said but I think it was the conventional sweeps that unsettled Dhoni more because it meant that leg gully was out of the game.
True, but there were no doosras or top spinners tried to combat that either. Granted, he chucks his doosras, but they have been cleared by the ICC, and he could have bowled some in this one off situation. India had a good plan A and they executed it pretty well. But they were found completely wanting for thinking on the feet and coming up with a plan B.

Great bowling by Bhajji...if not fot him, we would be chasing 500-4 declared o r something. Hes bowled really well 2 consecutive games. If Kallis was negotiating Bhajji well, doesnt mean Bhajji was not bowling well. What were the other bowlers doing?

True, but there were no doosras or top spinners tried to combat that either. Granted, he chucks his doosras, but they have been cleared by the ICC, and he could have bowled some in this one off situation. India had a good plan A and they executed it pretty well. But they were found completely wanting for thinking on the feet and coming up with a plan B.
I havent seen him bowl the doosra or the top spinner in recent years. He had Kallis in a bit of trouble with his straighter ones in our home series in 08 IIRC. Having said that, credit where its due to Kallis. He managed to unsettle an in-form spinner on a turning track.

Wow i'm new to this forum but ive been following it for a few weeks. Alot of bhaji haters on here, I hope it is not because he is a Sardar, because that would be a very sad for india. If it wasnt for him, india may have possible ended up losing this series, along with vvs and gauti, he was probably our player of the series....if u consider that srt's ton in centurion was in a losing cause. Harbhajan has also given much needed steel to indias batting lineup and has made a culture whereby our other tailenders take their batting seriously. He has help covered up rahuls poor form our no.6's poor form. Dont worry Bhaji, these haters are just jealous of you.

Wow i'm new to this forum but ive been following it for a few weeks. Alot of bhaji haters on here' date=' I hope it is not because he is a Sardar, because that would be a very sad for india. If it wasnt for him, india may have possible ended up losing this series, along with vvs and gauti, he was probably our player of the series....if u consider that srt's ton in centurion was in a losing cause. Harbhajan has also given much needed steel to indias batting lineup and has made a culture whereby our other tailenders take their batting seriously. He has help covered up rahuls poor form our no.6's poor form. Dont worry Bhaji, these haters are just jealous of you.[/quote'] I wouldn't guess on why there are so many bhajji haters here but the fact remains that bhajji shits on their face every time. Thats all I gotta say :)

^ People only criticize when he throws darts. Nothing to do with where he is from.
that is cool, there is nothing wrong with criticising when a player is playing badly. but same ppl should also praise when he get 7-120 and gets more 2nd innings wickets then the entire south african attack and india attack (barring bhaji of course) combined.