Hold on Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar

Cricketics

Dravid should not retire until he is sure he has lost his powers. He does not know and nor do we! Thats why he is not retiring. He needs at least another 3 tests to see if he still has it. Otherwise I am sure he will retire after england series. However, if he piles on the runs who knows? He may play for a couple of more years then!

tendulkar & laxman arent retiring now. they will be here for atleast 1-2 more year in tests. dravid might retire after the nagpur test given his failures recently. he wont last till the end of eng series. in 2009, the test team could look like sehwag gambhir dhawan tendulkar laxman raina/badrinath/kaif dhoni(c,w) harbhajan mishra zaheer ishant

tendulkar & laxman arent retiring now. they will be here for atleast 1-2 more year in tests. dravid might retire after the nagpur test given his failures recently. he wont last till the end of eng series. in 2009, the test team could look like sehwag gambhir dhawan tendulkar laxman raina/badrinath/kaif dhoni(c,w) harbhajan mishra zaheer ishant
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Guest HariSampath
The way I understand your selection is, Amits....Shikar Dhawan has a sister or knows someone who agreed to be your girlfriend.....and possibly Rohit Sharma robbed you of one :hysterical:

I think Ganguly's retirement was well timed. Anil Kumble probably waited too long. Wouldnt mind if Dravid retired next match. His form hasnt been great. Obviously its going to be strange watching the test team without the familiar faces but all the emotions aside, I'm pretty interested to see new faces and how they'll perform.

I think Ganguly's retirement was well timed. Anil Kumble probably waited too long. Wouldnt mind if Dravid retired next match. His form hasnt been great. Obviously its going to be strange watching the test team without the familiar faces but all the emotions aside' date=' I'm pretty interested to see new faces and how they'll perform.
dont hold ur breath. the next some years are going to be very rocky for India with the new Ind batsmen and new spinners getting tested big time at Test cricket. its the usual gulf between First Class domestic (in india) and Intl Test arena

Anil Kumble's retirement hurts but the truth is, it is a way better news headline than him going wicketless or having an average of 95 in particular series. It is so not him when these news headlines are printed over and over again. Same applies to any of our senior players, no one is disrespecting them but themselves. Low scoring or going wicketless and dragging yourself to no limit hurts their reputation that they built in a career of more than 15 years, so why ruin it in a hope that they will spring back to form ?

Guest HariSampath
I'm sad as well. Big supporter of the fab five, Kumble the greatest bowler and biggest battler India produced is suddenly gone... Amit Mishra my ass. Hold on, Terrific Three!
Soon that will become "terrible two"....and then.... "Finally, "The Eternal One", and then ....one day, armageddon, cataclysm, disaster...the world will end; the announcement will come ..."HE has decided to retire"....a void will be felt, complete silence....people silently screaming " NO NO"...He will be banned from retiring, demonstrations all over India, tears, hysteria...hunger strikes, fast unto death...but HE will not relent. Cricket world will come to a standstill, ICC will offer India the next world cup without playing,in his honor, ICC will say all further cricket would be stopped and everyone would just have to watch all HIS past games for another year.....for after all He is not simply another player...HE is the real one, the final prophet , the last word in batting, and the reason why Cricket was invented....HE is God" And cricketman would ask "so when will this piece on Dinesh Karthik's retirement be published ??" :--D
Life will feel empty once SRT retires. :((
LMAO... I remember reading a thread on ICF that said "SRT to retire from ODI's" .... I smashed my lappie and shut it off :hysterical:... only to learn 2 hours later that some f0cker was f0cking around with f0cking stupid source :((