Hold on Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar

Cricketics

Laxman has a few more years left in him. Tendulkar has a long time before he even thinks of retiring. Dravid- I am not sure. He is the best judge himself. I have seen players come back to form after worse form. An example being David Boon. Went without form for a long time, but his captain persisted and he came back to superb form yet again.

Guest HariSampath

Ganguly is gone Kumble is gone. Dravid is going very soon, within days. VVS may hang on for a few tests more, but he would be gone before Eng series is over. Sachin alone will stick on, because he is the only consistent batter. Even if his 100 making ability has diminished, he is making 50-80 scores every second time he bats, and also gets very useful 40s often. This is more than enough, in fact this is far better than VVS who gets one big score and then fails again and again, and much much superior to Dravid who makes 1 fifty every 12 inngs he plays

yeah .. i slept off last night and now am getting all the updates. I have a tear rolling down my cheek as the finest bowler India has produced retires. This is the generation of players that I grew up watching, they will be always associated with Indian cricket for me ... I didnt think I would feel this way. It is odd, I have never met anyone of them, I have never shared dinner with them and yet they feel like family. :isalute:

yeah .. i slept off last night and now am getting all the updates. I have a tear rolling down my cheek as the finest bowler India has produced retires. This is the generation of players that I grew up watching, they will be always associated with Indian cricket for me ... I didnt think I would feel this way. It is odd, I have never met anyone of them, I have never shared dinner with them and yet they feel like family. :isalute:
i watched his final few moments, the lap of honour and the farewell speech with Ravi shastri. i had a lump in my throat and ters rolled down on my cheek. thought i was the only one. glad u too felt the same way.this is despite cursing him in the first innings!

I don't think it will fully sink in until we face England at home without Anil. Let's hope the Mishra's and Ojha's of the world can fill these giant boots. I also hope this is a fillip to Bhajji, who is now the leader of our spin attack. Here's hoping he does a Zaheer and turns himself into a potent, experienced, elder-statesman type. Dravid needs to get his act together and stay till the end of the England series at least, despite Hariji's best wishes :). I don't think I can deal with 3 Maharathis falling in a single series. I have no doubt that Tendulkar and Laxman will play till 2010, injuries permitting. With Ganguly gone, and Dravid about to go, Laxman will finally get the spotlight he has deserved for a while -- again, let's hope this makes him go beserk and he pulls of a season like Dravid's in 2002-2003. That will act as good cover for the transition period for Badri and Rohit to cement their spots after Yuvi is tried and discarded. ;)

i watched his final few moments' date=' the lap of honour and the farewell speech with Ravi shastri. i had a lump in my throat and ters rolled down on my cheek. thought i was the only one. glad u too felt the same way.this is despite cursing him in the first innings![/quote'] the sight was too emotional it will be remembered for a long long time most of us would have had tears in our eyes, to see our hero bid farewell
Ganguly is gone Kumble is gone. Dravid is going very soon, within days. VVS may hang on for a few tests more, but he would be gone before Eng series is over. Sachin alone will stick on, because he is the only consistent batter. Even if his 100 making ability has diminished, he is making 50-80 scores every second time he bats, and also gets very useful 40s often. This is more than enough, in fact this is far better than VVS who gets one big score and then fails again and again, and much much superior to Dravid who makes 1 fifty every 12 inngs he plays
Dravid will come back to prove you wrong in the very next test match.