bring on the nagpur curator

amits

if the nagpur curator again decides to prepare a pitch like the 2004 pitch which helped aussies, this time that pitch will favour ind more than aus. we have the better fast bowlers this time & the win in perth earlier this year proved it. our fast bowlers have won us matches against sa in sa, eng in eng & aus in aus recently with zaheer khan doing well & also ishant sharma doing well in aus. so i wont mind a pitch like the 2004 pitch in nagpur. this time we will be better prepared, and also 2 players in the indian team(zaheer & ishant) would like to c a similar pitch as 2004 in nagpur. if we can win in perth, then nagpur will be a piece of cake for us :D

I have heard that the ptich and stadium in Nagpur are completely new. Does anyone have any idea about this "new pitch" and how it is expected to play? On the Foxtel coverage, I heard them say that it is expected to be a "graveyard" for bowlers. That means another flat batting pitch I suppose...can anyone with local knowledge confirm or refute this?

We are winning Nagpur for sure.....whatever the pitch is.
Well i just hope our bowlers are reading your post, Toss will be crucial, i think this again might be the typical indian wicket, its a new wicket and have heard that not much cricket has been played on this square I hope its a Win the Toss and Bat First Wicket !!!
The only thing I worry about is the mental strength of our bowlers.
Ishant showed in Australia that he has good mental reserves and strength when he kept coming at the batsmen despite being unlucky or getting bad umpiring calls. His effort yesterday was lacklustre...I think he was just having an off day...the whole team was.....Zak is a bowler that does blow a bit hot and cold from time to time...but he is also capable of mercurial spells.

Man, the last thing we need is a completely flat pitch. With Australia batting well now they're equal to our batting. The ONLY real advantage we have is in our bowling so we have to prepare a pitch that suits spin bowling and our fast bowlers a little bit. It doesn't have to be a bouncy, swinging pitch but one that just has enough in it to assist our fast bowlers as EVERY time there's been something there Ishant/Zaheer have taken full advantage of it. Especially considering that with Sehwag being in top form bowling we would have three legitimate spin bowlers in Bhajji/Sehwag/Mishra.

I have heard that the pitch and stadium in Nagpur are completely new. Does anyone have any idea about this "new pitch" and how it is expected to play? On the Foxtel coverage, I heard them say that it is expected to be a "graveyard" for bowlers. That means another flat batting pitch I suppose...can anyone with local knowledge confirm or refute this please?

I have heard that the pitch and stadium in Nagpur are completely new. Does anyone have any idea about this "new pitch" and how it is expected to play? On the Foxtel coverage' date=' I heard them say that it is expected to be a "graveyard" for bowlers. That means another flat batting pitch I suppose...can anyone with local knowledge confirm or refute this please?[/quote'] What local knowledge! Its brand new. No one has a clue what its going to do. Could be as its new its under prepared which means bowlers licking their lips
Is it the same curator who prepared last time...
From TOI: http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JQkcvMjAwOC8wOS8xOCNBcjAxOTAw&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom VCA STADIUM, NAGPUR 4th Test: Nov 6-10 NEW VENUE, NEW TRACK: Unlike the last time (2004), when a green carpet was rolled out, everything’s new here, including the Rs 80-crore stadium and the playing surface. Shashank Manohar, the VCA chief who is also the BCCI president-in-waiting, is confident the Indian team will have a lot to cheer here. The imposing ground, situated 10-km away from the city, has a 75-yard boundary which means spinners won’t feel shy to flight the ball. In the first practice match held at the stadium, two batsmen got hundreds. Interestingly, the spinners took 20 wickets as compared to just 7 by the pacers. PITCH REPORT: ‘‘The wicket is devoid of any grass. The pitch has a decent bounce. There will be lot of encouragement for the spinners,†opines MN Dorairajan, vice president of VCA. ‘‘Since this is a brand new wicket, it still needs a lot of rolling and watering.’’ ------------------------------------------------------------ India will go with Mishy and Bhajji/Chawla. It will be a Glenn.

After googling a bit, found the latest on the pitch: http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2008/11/03/nagpur-pitch-may-turn-spinner-friendly.html

''It's a brick-based pitch topped with a combination of stones used for construction of dwellings, clay and garden soil. It's expected to offer low bounce and would be generally slow paced,'' VCA sources told mediapersons here yesterday.
Slow low wicket.

Ya...the wickets on this tour have all been a bit of a mystery, starting off with the Kiwi Conundrum in Bangalore...no one could figure that one out...Mohali should have been more pace friendly but was not quite there because of the monsooon apparently...Kotla wasn't all that spin-friendly....wonder what this "new pitch" really has to offer...